Monday, January 26, 2009

A Birthday wish~

Today is my mother n laws birthday. Mary Lou was like a mom to me since Carol and I started dating in High School and through out college. We shared many times together - up at their home in Tupper Lake NY skiiing - boating all up and down the east coast. We spent a LOT of time together. My worked at night and I was always invited to come and eat supper with them. She is my only mother n law and I know there are so many jokes about them - how we all don't get along and all. I have to say that Mary Lou and I always got along. She was a tough lady and she loved to dance, her 4:00 cocktails, Walt and her family. She always put people first and she loved animals ... she even raised a bird in the basement by feeding it dog/cat food by hand until it was time to release it back into the yard. Walt hated the crap all over the basement but Walt did what made Mary Lou happy. I see that far too often these days in marriages - couple just pushing ahead with what the individual wants instead of putting their spouse first or working things out together. Carol and I have a "Great" marriage because Walt and Mary Lou talked about everything. They put communication at the top of their relationship and hardly ever did you see them out of sync. Now Mary Lou did get mad at Walt at times..... and she let him know it! :)
Happy Birthday today Mary Lou - I am thankful that Walt is again with you. Enjoy your day today .... for years I never knew what it was like to lose a mom - I have lost 2 of them..... It has added so much to my character - Something God is most interested in each of us.... our character. Thanks for an awesome daughter in Carol ...... you did well.
Love you~
Lon

No comments: