Thursday, May 8, 2008

Spilling......

Yesterday while at school, I went and got in the lunch line and wished a happy birthday to Kyles teacher. We have had a good year together and she has such a wonderful class of kids. She really had it tough last year and I am happy that this year was much different. I look forward to next year - seeing all the kids from Kyles class because it has taken me a year to get to know some of them. Some I know more than others but all in all - I look forward to having lunch with them and seeing them in the halls. Hopefully a few of them will be allowed to have lunch next year so that I can continue to invest in them. While walking back from the lunch line I noticed one of the kids was upset and I knelt down next to her to ask what was wrong. She had very little for lunch and I reached into my wallet to give her some money and I didn't have any. DANG I hate that~ I really was upset with myself for not having something to give this child - even if her parents can provide for her or not - It is a moment in time and that child needed something then...not later.
I asked Carol this morning to bring $5 with her to give to this child - so that for a few days - she will have something no matter what. She agreed and promised me she would.
This morning on the way to work, I almost had to pull over. I have been trying to push down the fact that this Sunday is mothers day - the 15th is my moms birthday and it has been over 2 years now that my mom has been with the Lord. I miss her and sometimes I hear her laughing or saying my name. I guess no amount of time will ever make that easier. Carol and I are investing so much these days into the children in our lives, the families in our lives and into our church. I guess in many ways once a person goes through the season of losing a loved one - it changes you forever. My buddy Warren is going through this season right now with his dad. It is a tough place to be and it makes us think about our own futures and where we stand with God.
It occurred to me this morning that every Sunday at church when Pastor Jimmy leads us in prayer for those who have not accepted Jesus to accept Jesus - I am praying that same prayer every single week right along with them. Do you do that as well? Do you wonder about the salvation of those around you in your life or your own salvation? Do you wonder where you stand with God?
I remember back a few months and Carol, my dad and I were sitting in our living room and Carol was asking my dad if he really knew. He didn't really know where he stood with Jesus. To this day I continue to pray for my dad and for him to really know. I dont really know where my dad stand with God..... There are many others I continue to pray for - so many "LOOK" good on the outside ... but on the inside - do they really know? I see kids walking up and down the sidewalk right outside my office- they are worried about there finals - they will soon be leaving for the summer or enjoying time off from school for 2 weeks before summer classes start -some are graduating and moving on in life - do they really know?
We have to treat eternity as if it could come today ...... that is written in my journal that I write my LifeTalk notes in @church. Are you ready if eternity came today? Have you put your faith and trust in Jesus right now as you read this? Do you really know where you stand with God?

I am headed back to lunch today to invest in a few of "MyKids" - I continue to pray for each of them before I go into the school - for their mom and dads - for the things happening in their homes - for the struggles in their families and for the relationships they have. Do they really know? Sometimes I think the investments I am making in them are for not - but then the Lord taps me and tells me they are His investments... Its not about me.... the cross on my neck represents Him and it is for Him I continue to keep His lamp shining so that others may know... that they may know what He has done for me - He can do for them too.

Lord I pray this morning because we are a broken people, we have struggles and difficulties and we need You. But You made us and You know our hearts - I pray for community today Lord. For families to come together - to bond together and grow together to bring you honor and praise. I pray for those in tough seasons right now and that they can see something good within their season Lord because there is something to learn even during those painful times. I pray for those around us who are not sure about where they stand with You. I pray that they can cross that line today into trusting You and putting their full hearts into You. I pray that if eternity came today Lord - that they would know where they would be going. I thank You for Your son Jesus and for the paths You have shown me in my life and where I am today and that they too can experience Your love and grace. I pray we leave nobody behind Lord. Our time here is short and no matter how long we have - it is never long enough. I pray for little Adam this morning and for his family Lord. May Your grace and love flow over them like a spring rain Lord. I pray for understanding there and I ask that You pull each of them close to You today so that they may feel You in a new and powerful way. May one day my dad come to know You and really experience You in a life changing way. Thank You Lord for all of "MyKids".
I pray in Your sons most awesome name in Jesus,
Amen

I guess this morning I am spilling over....... Its all good.
Lonnie~

No comments: