Monday, May 5, 2008

Monday morning and starting slow....

Wow - I am in the pits this morning. Feeling pretty rotten - I guess Saturday night I caught a cold from one of the kids. My friend Leigh and I handled the kids during our Project 252 fund raiser and man it was a long 4 or so hours. Carol came in and helped - some of the Project 252 kids came in and helped and Missy came in to help in the preschool area. We were still overwhelmed and I am thankful for the "Bee" movie - which I played on a projector, my laptop and hung a sheet on the wall to use as a screen. That took up a good hour and half and I am thankful for that entertainment! It was a great evening even if I was doubting doing Sunday school yesterday~Kid overload ... but it turned out awesome and glad I was part of it. Kim does such a great job at leading on her Sundays... I love Sunday school especially those days because I don't know what Kim is going to do next and her planning sheet is a blank piece of paper - she is the QUEEN of wingin it. You rock Kim........
I have a busy week ahead - finals are wrapping up here at work - Election day here in NC is messing with my lunch schedule with "MyKids"..and I can't even vote - so that tells you where my party line is at... Our Rock Group met last night and had a great time together even though I was really missing one of "MyKids" in her play last night. I SO wanted to be there for that but I know she loves doing that stuff and there will be more opportunities to see her on stage. Very proud of her...... she has an awesome family.
I presented the summer plans for our Rock Group and it was accepted with some excitement. I am very happy about that and excited, scared, nervous and I will continue to ask the Lord to lead us through this .... I will post those changes today ... so check back later!
I am thankful for the good news concerning Hunter - the son of 2 good friends of ours from church - who was stung last week from Fire Ants. He was rushed to the ER but is doing fine now. Thats twice in the last week or so of someone I know who had a allergic reaction to Ant stings. Kyle and his buddy collect them in jars - go figure.....
Anyways - got to get motivated today even if I feel like poop.
Lonnie~

No comments: