Friday, May 9, 2008

My Odometer...

Well I just can't believe that my odometer will be turning 42 this month. A few years ago my odometer was almost turned in and here I am still clicking away. I can remember when I was Kyle age or how I felt when I am talking with one of "MyKids" about a boy she likes.... I have been there. I remember the days of pimples and getting my first job. I remember cheap gas and my 1977 Monte Carlo - man I wish I still had that car or my 1986 Honda Crx that got 57 miles to the gallon! I have learned a lot about life and about living - especially the last few years. God has shown me and taught me so much in these few short years. He has put people in my life to love - to do life with them - kids that are like my own.... He has given me a great wife and true friend and a great son who I know He has big plans for in his life. SO much to look forward to and experience...... here are a few things I want to share this morning. Hope 1 or 2 of these really hits home for someone..... I am off to lunch in a few. Looking forward to seeing "MyKids" today and heading to the cabin for a short stay.......

1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good. (we have to teach our children this)
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step. (step away from your fears)
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. (hating only hurts ourselve)
4. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does. (put others before yourself)
5. Pay off your credit cards every month. (if not- cut it up until its paid off)
6. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree. (does it really matter anyways?)
7. Cry with someone.It's more healing than crying alone. (I couldnt agree more)
8. It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it. (then give those angers to Him)
9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck. (investing in the future)
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile. (M&M weakness)
11. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present. (we can drive in life through a rear view mirror)
12. It's OK to let your children see you cry. (they are stronger and understand more than we give them credit)
13. Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about. (AMEN)
14. If a relationship has to be a secret,you shouldn't be in it. (put them in front of others)
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God never blinks. (Are your ready?)
16. Life is too short for long pity parties. Get busy living, or get busy dying. (ask God to point your feet each morning and then follow Him)
17. You can get through anything if you stay put in today. (ground yourself in Gods truth)
18. A writer writes. If you want to be a writer, write. (even if you stink at it at first)
19. It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else. (learn on lifes lessons and move forward)
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer. (keep on getting on)
***21. Believe in miracles. (God does)
**** 22. Your children get only one childhood. Make it memorable. (Invest in them- Invest in the children you are trusted with)
*****23.Read the Psalms. They cover every human emotion. (Awesome!)
24. The best is yet to come. (Thank You Jesus)
25. "May the Lord's face radiate with joy because of you" Numbers 6:24

Gods blessings today~
Lonnie~

No comments: