Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Last night Carol, Kyle and I had the pleasure of watching one of Kyles good friends and have her over for supper. Yes I said - Her - we were watching her because her mom was having some tests done yesterday - they arranged this the week before and I have been praying hard for her mom for what seemed like more feverishly as yesterday approached. Carol got the call yesterday afternoon with the doctors report and all is ok. There will be some meds and maybe a procedure done at some point if the meds don't work just right but all in all - AWESOME NEWS!
So after supper we dropped Kyle's friend off at her home in a neighborhood near ours and we just love hanging with this family. This is a family who I have been praying for for over a year. A family I personally have invited to church for over a year - a family who Carol has invited and Kyle has invited for over a year - they mean that much to us! Yesterday standing in their living room as Carol and the kids went out back to check the pool out and watch the dog jump in and take a swim - I put my arm around Kyles' friends mom and said "God is so faithful" ... and she busted into tears. It was such an incredible moment. We just shared an incredible God loving moment - it was awesome. There is just such friendship in our relationships with this family and I wonder often times - as I do with many other families that my family invests in and continues to invite to church - What would it be like if we were all serving God together - all of us in the same place - serving with such passion and excitement. Our kids together on Sundays learning about Jesus, watching their parents serve the church, each other and God. Together serving our childrens ministry to step it up 2 notches and our hospitality to have the greatest things, the warmest welcomes and smiles, the setup/breakdown teams TUNED in and being excited about the chance to serve each other and to serve God on Sundays. We already have the best band going, our youth ministry is leading a path and taking names, and our preacher has been delivering messages that are hitting the ball out of the park what seems like month after month.
I wonder what it would be like for folks all around us to experience life change like my family has experienced it. What would our relationships look like if this took place? How would they change?
God does not only want to save you - He wants to change you. All of us..... As my heart gets bigger for people and as my heart gets bigger for the kids in my life and they turn into "MyKids" - I think of that family and what it would that would be like. That just pumps me up ..... thats exciting!
I am excited about tomorrow - church service @the park. I am pumped to be on the grill - go figure and not sure where that comes from..... but also excited to see folks who show up. Folks I have personally invited - friends that Kyle has invited - folks that Carol has invited - Our expectations are high because it is that important.... and if we have yet another let down because folks dont come or decide to do something else.... thats ok - God will provide another opportunity and maybe that invite will be the one. :)

EOG's this week at school - Tension is high, folks are stressed - but we had a great lunch today while visiting some of "MyKids". Getting invited by the teacher to their year end party is pretty exciting! I wouldn't miss that for anything, unless I have to be at 2 of them at the same time! "MyKids" teacher told me today that in all the years she has been teaching, she doesnt know of any student who could have used a lunch buddy than this particular student.... she thanked me today for that big investment and commitment..... That is awesome!

Love you all,
Lonnie~

Heavenly Father- I ask that You continue to use me Lord in anyway You need me - to serve others - to see the importance of those investments in "MyKids" and their families. Help me to continue to be a blessing to others and may You continue to receive all the honor and the glory. Thank You for showing me to act Lord and not ask questions when You ask me to do something -The higher they go Lord ~ the higher I go. Thank You Lord for where I am today and for Your son Jesus. Its in His awesome name I pray,
Amen

Who has God placed in your life to help along - to walk along side and encourage? Step out in faith for them and give God the glory...... Will you let God use you today?

No comments: