Friday, May 16, 2008

A couple quick Friday thoughts.....

I was in early this morning @work - had to stop and get the folks here at work a bunch of Bojangles biscuits and all. They really appreciated it and I was not much into cereal this morning but man I enjoyed my coffee. I remember back just last Saturday sitting on the front porch at the cabin sitting with Carol listening to the birds and the quietness having our coffee and thinking ....man this is awesome. Carol, Kyle and I will be there next weekend for a long weekend and I just can't wait. We do have a lot of things in between though - with visiting some of "MyKids" soccer games tomorrow - church on Sunday and then our outing at Frank Lisk for some fishing with some other church families. The kids are pumped about this and I am excited as well to reach out further into the lives of some other awesome folks. I am praying for good weather! - 2 of "MyKids" have a bet on who catches the biggest fish - the other has to kiss the other persons fish... so I look forward to getting this on film!!!

This morning I opend my 2008 Chazown and read through it to see where I am in my "Vision" for 2008. I am doing pretty well with it all and happy that I revisited it. I had lunch with "MyKids" today and the teacher excused one of "MyKids" from silent lunch because I was there but she has to do 2 next week. Man that is awesome and I am glad I got to talk with her and listen to what she needs to tell me. I think everyone had my hat on - bojangles was a hit and everyone got something - My phone was taking pictures and I have looked at them like 4 times since..... just awesome stuff. The teacher invited me to the 5th grade graduation ceremony they have and that just puffs me up big time. I am excited I am included in that ..... As lunch was over... I had kids hugging me and telling me they would see me at church Sunday and next week for our Park Service ... I got 2 "Uncle Lonnie - I love you" - dude nothing is better than that.

I had a chance this late afternoon to read some of "TheWall" - its something I check from time to time and post on from time to time..... you can check it out here......plus the background music is awesome and relaxing..... there are some huge life prayers being posted..... God is good~
http://www.godtube.com/prayerwall/

My dad's reports all came back good. Doctor told him he was in better health than he was last year! Only problem was between his ears..... so thanks to everyone for praying for him. :)

Well - have to pack it up here.....looking forward to the weekend and excited to see what God unfolds........
Love ya'll,
Lonnie~

1 comment:

Sharon Davis said...

That Godtube Prayer Wall is awesome!! Thanks for sharing!
love you
Aunt Sharon