Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Kyle won his match last night. Very exciting especially knowing his finger is not even close to 100% yet but the trainer on duty last night did something that I was going to ask her to do but glad she did without me saying anything. She taped both hands so his oppontent wouldnt know his hand was hurt. Thats awesome! Kyle had a tough match but finally pinned him down for the pin in the 3rd period. The team matches was close but lost the last match. It hard to match the intensity thats for sure. Hours later still wound up. Not sure if I just had too much on my mind or wound tight from the match but I didnt sleep all that well last night so I am hoping for a good nights rest tonight after Kyles concert at 7.
As I look out my window this morning and this afternoon - the weather is warm and foggy with periods of rain and even a downpour. I am thinking about this fog and how it applies to my walk these days with Christ. Though I know I am secure, I know that I am called to be the best example for Christ that I can and to lead others in my integrity, example, words, actions and the way I care for others through the compassion that overflows from my heart. Its tough sometimes when things are not all that clear.
Direction and what to do next are often places that keep us idle or uncertain which next step to take. I am at that place. Thanks to a FAVOR, which if not asked for a FAVOR is often times not a FAVOR at all - I am just not certain what they are at this very moment.
So today as I looked at the day before me, it was foggy, stressful, it shows in some of my relationships and branches going in all kinds of directions. Focusing in on WHO HE IS and remembering that Christ is always with me - is always with you - is always with us, the fog will settle and I will come over it. As I think about only being able to see a few steps in front of me, I am reminded that is exactly where God wants us. If we see down the road too far, it becomes about our walk and not his and often times we get scared, we run away from it or we give in and say thats impossible and quit before we even get started.
So those few feet in front of me, I can see. You can see those next steps in front of you as well. Often times when speaking to a student, its that clarity they need. They get overwhelmed with all they have to do and are trying to accomplish and even pleasing others is a huge one! But when broken down and the NEXT STEPS clearly pointed out and a heart and mind can get around those next steps, progress begins and moving forward takes place.
So in that fog today, tomorrow I will see clearly but in the process I am reminded and have learned another lesson to keep my focus on Him and the path just ahead of me.
Psalm 73:23-24 - Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory.

Lord help me keep my focus on you. Help me clearly see above the fog the next steps along the path that I should be on. Though some folks think that they are more important, bigger and have something to say over what I say and even what you say, I remain focused on you. Help me do that Lord. It would be easy to fire back but then you tell us to let you handle the reprocussions. I trust in that Lord and in your words. I have to fine where I am today so that I can stand ready to move forward when you tell me to move. Holding on to you today Lord.
Amen

No comments: