Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Bucket List

I just had to share what came in my email inbox. Im 45 years old (often wordering how did that happen) and only in the last 5 or so years have I really began to LIVE my life because of the saving grace through Jesus. I am so grateful for where I am today. As many of you have seen the movie "The Bucket List" I too have crossed off something on my list and I hope you have as well. This email came in today and where I am right now in my life journey, I am reminded of the #1 item on this list.
Tell my kids every day that I love them.
I say it even when I sometimes dont hear it back. I say it in text messages, in emails, in person and in front of others. It is my heart and them knowing it daily helps tomorrow. So many of my generation grew up never really hearing the words "I love you" from their parents. We knew it dont get me wrong but its in those little words that we can rest assured that no matter what - those words will never change.
They have never meant more to me than they do today and the last few years - my family and my extended family. Kyle, Kate, Morgan, Taylor, Marissa, Zach, Madison, Christa, - I love you and am so thankful for you and your (our) families doing life together.

Carol without you and your support there couldnt ever be a #1 listing here. Love you with more than I have words for <33333

Enjoy the list :)
Lonnie

Come up with a "bucket list" - things you'd like to accomplish before you die. Here are a few examples and share some of your own with us below.
1. Tell my kids every day that I love them.
2. Tell my wife every day that I love her.
3. Quit worrying so much about money and status.
4. Have a plan to be completely debt-free, mortgage included, by age 50.
5. Watch less TV. Read more.
6. Do my last will and testament.
7. Do an annual physical.
8. Make sure my kids leave college debt-free.
9. Embrace the fact of impending death and use this to motivate right living.
10. Eliminate time bandits – unimportant activities that take up my schedule.
11. Utilize car time to really talk with my kids.
12. Have a blessing ceremony when my son and daughter turn 13.
13. Do one romantic thing a month for my wife.
14. Take more home movies and preserve them.
15. Honor the memory of my parents. Tell my kids stories about them.
16. Eat dinner together as a family at least 4 times a week.
17. Speak less. Listen more.
18. Mentor the younger. Encourage the older.
19. Love and help the fatherless.
20. Prioritize my relationship with God.

No comments: