Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I just have to share this because it was shared so humbly and in such a way that it really shows heart.
I went to pick Kyle up from wrestling last night after my gym workout and I got to chat with one of my buddies before coach let the guys out and we spoke in such excitement about all the things God is doing and all the doors he is opening up and leading us through... it is amazing what can take place in those short moments! As we left the gym and headed back to the Element, Kyle said - Dad, coach made me captain.
um, come again? - Dad, I said coach promoted me to captain of the wrestling team. I gave him a hug and said ya know budy, he sees something in you that you are only starting to see in yourself.
Leadership. - I see it all the time in students around me. I know I have a tender heart for them and want so much more than what they are currently doing. I see doctors and nurses, teachers and preachers in them. There is nothing more painful as a parent raising our children to see them quit on something that you know they can do. You know its in them to be this or that or to continue through those tough places - we often as parents dont give them a great example in that!
I told Kyle he earned that leadership role and that it showed last week when he didnt quit even though his finger was dislocated - He showed his heart when he looked at the nurse and she said, Do you want to continue? He said, Well I am not quitting!

As I look around today, yeah not everything is going perfectly planned but I hold onto the fact that God has a plan. Its a perfect plan even if I dont understand it right now. Even as the our day and time Pharisee - (a person that is sanctimonious, self - righteous and hypocritical) has the last word right now - I am going to remain focused. I am going to remain true to my word to those who I have promised because honor is in integrity and without that - its all for loss.

Headed out early today for Kyles match. Should be a tough match against a tough team but there is extra inspiration happening right now and that is something we should all be doing for someone today. Cheering them on, showing them the grace that they deserve, letting those who walk walk with integrity and honor and praise God in the entire process.

No comments: