Tuesday, November 8, 2011

James 1:27 - Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: To look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

I have read this passage in James I would fair to guess atleast a few times over the past few years but never has it really hit me as it has been the last few days.

I am also still stuck on this one sentance that the Lord gave me a few days ago - "Remember, love is not a feeling. It is a commitment."

Last night I got to the gym with a good workout before picking up Kyle at wrestling. I am thankful I got to encourage a few of the guys for their matches tomorrow and to have a small voice into their life about leadership on the team. I got home, got some supper and then turned in for the night. I was pretty tired with the clock change and not much sleep Saturday night, things just catch up to me and I have to just step back at times and recharge and refocus. I sat in my chair and put on the Elevation Church App on my Ipad and began to listen to Pastor Steven preach his message from Sunday. "Took it...Blessed it...Broke it...Gave it" - what a powerful message and I just dont know how he does this but its always a Word from God I need in my life. Speaking through Luke 24:13-35 - He shared with us that the way God works in our lives is "Sometimes God is taking you, Sometimes He's blessing you, Sometimes He's breaking you, all so He can give you".
I sat in my chair with tears running down my face. Broken for sure. God has been breaking me in this season of time in my life. God surely taking some things out of my life but is also blessing me in the process by putting some great things into it. I feel as though I am in all these places at once.
Church leadership for 7 years at my last church and God moves me to another church breaking me in the process of those friendships and close people in my life all really over stupid stuff. It hurts knowing that hurtful words are still being spoken even after 4 months of being there but I thank God for the power and determination not to speak to it and take the higher road. I am responsibile only for myself and my actions. Never would I have thought that would be unfolding before my eyes but I am very thankful for our new church home in Elevation Church and the teaching and leaders there pouring into my family and I when in this season, I fully believe we are needing it like never before.
"Remember, love is not a feeling. It is a commitment." - really speaks out to me for the people in my life today. Begging God to show me what to do next while sitting on the beach nearly 4 years ago as the sun came up out of the ocean - He clearly told me to step up and lead in a family. Not having any idea what I was doing or how it was going to be received - I finally told God okay!!! - Its a commitment since then. A promise. No matter the road ahead, though hard at times, folks dont always understand it looking from the outside - my promise and commitment stands even if it is breaking me in the process.
I know there is blessing in the breaking. It may not show today or tomorrow but one day it will. I fully trust God in the process. As Pastor Steven unfolded "When God breaks you, its not something you pray for, but when you get to the other side of it, you see a purpose in it. Although its a lot more fun to be in the stage where God is blessing you, you'll never know Him more intimately than in the times where He is breaking you. God doesnt break us because He is careless or cruel; He breaks us because He intends to give us to the hungry world. Jesus broke the bread, but it never left His hands! He intends to use you more than ever before!"

Remember, love is not a feeling. It is a commitment. - I have not felt this close to the Lord in a long time. I am fully aware even with all that is going on around me that I am in his hands. He has a grip on me and though he is taking me to a place, he is breaking me and blessing me all at once. His love for me and for you is a commitment. Its a promise.
Its my commitment and promise to the Lyman family, to the Mitcheltree family, to the Beaver family, to my family - Carol, Kyle and Kate.
In my devotion time this morning Ill share - "Learn to appreciate the difficult days. Be stimulated by the challenges you encounter along your way. As you journey through the rough terrain with Me, gain confidence from your knowledge that together we can handle anything. This knowledge is comprised of 3 parts; our relationship, promises in the Bible, and the past experiences of coping successfully during hard times. Look back and see how I have helped you through difficult days and always remember who I AM!"

Broken but never crushed. God shows us the process of taking us, blessing us, breaking us, and then giving us something significant.

Lonnie~

No comments: