Thursday, November 10, 2011

Kyle had his 2nd match in wrestling last night for the Hickory Ridge Middle School Mavericks. He won in the 2nd period by pin and it was probably a much tougher match than last weeks even though the result was the same - it was a tough match. Its odd being on this side of the match - you know as a parent being in the stands. I know how my mom and dad feel now after years of sitting in the bleachers at my judo competitions and years of wrestling. I dont think but maybe a handful of times of having butterflys or being nervous at all in the matches because you are all hiped up and pumped up for them but surely, sitting on the sidelines watching, hoping, moving all over and screaming like a crazy person is way different! Its like both sides of the extreme.
That is something I want to talk a little about today. Its been a big focus point in our Life Group the last few times getting together - living our lives for Christ in all we do. Taking Him with us in our days, into our meetings, into our classrooms, into our relationships. I extreme but so worth it because its like you dont have to check God off at the beginning of the day or mark it off as you muster up 10 minutes to read your Bible then hurry off to work. Extreme being that God is in us, we carry him everywhere, we speak through Him in everyone we speak to. We are His hands and feet - his example and dont you think people are watching. Listening. Judging. Bashing. Pointing. All of the above and so much more. What are they really seeing? Do they see the joy you have because of Christ? Do they feel the sense of something different about you because of the way you speak to others, encourage others no matter how difficulty it may seem, or how you overlook a persons faults and speak into their future? Building up instead of tearing them down..... The last few months as I read my Bible and the stories are being told and unfolded I have to say that most of the time the words and stories are more real and alive than ever. I think for one reason is my heart in those stories, my heart in those places and with those people. I think about standing as Paul is converted from Saul to Paul and I see that light that he describes and as Jesus speaks to him. I see myself standing with Paul in the jail cell chained to the wall and preaching to the other inmates about Jesus. I see myself walking along the dirty road dejected and all of lifes weight now washed away because Jesus was just murdered and my buddy and I are walking 7 miles home. Hope and dreams crushed and Jesus walks along side us and speaks to us and we dont even know its him until he comes into the home and we pray before the meal. Eyes wide open.
What would life be like if we lived our lives - Eyes Wide Open!!??

2 Corinthians 6: Companions as we are in this work with you, we beg you, please dont squander one bit of this marvelous life God has given us. God reminds us, I heard your call in the nick of time; The day you needed me, I was there to help. Well, now is the right time to listen, the day to be helped. Dont put it off; dont frustrate Gods work by showing up late, throwing a question mark over everything we're doing. Our work as Gods servants gets validated - or not- in the details. People are watching us as we stay our post, alertly, unswervingly ... in hard times, tough times, bad times; when we're beaten up, jailed and mobbed; working hard, working late, working without eating; with pure heart, clear head, steady hand; in gentleness, holiness, and honest love; when we're telling the truth, and when Gods showing his power; when we're doing our best setting things right; when we're praised, and when we're blamed; slandered, and honored; true to our word, though distrusted; ignored by the world, but recognized by God; terrifically alive, though rumored to be dead; beaten within an inch of our lives, but refusing to die; immersed in tears, yet always filled with deep joy; living on handouts, yet enriching many; having nothing, having it all.
Dear, dear Corinthians, (put your name here) I cant tell you how much I long for you to enter this wide-open spacious life. We didnt fence you in. The smallness you feel comes from within you. Your lives arent small, but you're living them in a small way. Im speaking as plainly as I can and with great affection. Open up your lives. Live openly and expansively!

I know that was a lot of scripture to read and take in all at once but feel it loved ones. Let God work in you like never before. Open your eyes, open your heart and you mind to thinking more and bigger and let God work in you something incredible. Be the change that this world so needs! Yes you will look different. YES, you will not always be understood! I know first hand with that. Let God do something through you but first you have to let him do something IN you.
Focus your ENTIRE being on Him living fully in the moment in His Presence. Imagine what that looks like just for a second. God is fully with you, enveloping you in his love and in his peace. While you are there He is molding your thoughts and cleansing your heart and recreating you to be more like him. Continue to go about your day but let your thoughts not be focused on that person who is annoying or the one who is talking behind your back- Keep your guard up and focus your thoughts on Him. Every moment will come alive because they are focused around Him now and not the things taken place around you. Every day is a good day!
When we make the change to take Christ along in our day, in our conversations, into our work places, into our relationships, into our drive to work in the morning and in our examples to our children and how we treat others - Christ will then be fully alive- living with EYES WIDE OPEN.
2 Corinthians 6:18- I'll live in them, move into them. I'll be their God and they'll be my people. So leave the corruption and compromise; leave it for good, says God. Dont link up with those who will pollute you. I want you all for myself. I'll be a Father to you; you'll be sons and daughters to me. The Word of the Master, God.

Gaterade has a commercial that says "Its in You" - this is far better than any drink you will ever have if you have Christ in you.
May today be a day to boldly step forward and live the life you are called to live. Full of power, grace and love from our Heavenly Father. You are the son or daughter of God.
Its time to live it. The best is ahead of you....... believe in that.
Lonnie~

No comments: