Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Today I am going to write in 2 parts. But first let me begin by setting things up and giving some clarity as to why I am writing today. The past 3-4 days have been pretty hard even though as of yesterday afternoon I was beginning to get my legs back under me until last night. We got a call from Bob, Kates dad, that the other girl in the car wreck with Kate passed last night after they took her off life support. Bob made Kates wish real when they drove 4 hours to Salt Lake City Utah to let Kate say her goodbyes to her friend. I think that is really admiral to be able to do that for someone and I am sure it was a hard thing to do. I remember just like yesterday holding Kates moms hand, Denise, and saying my goodbyes knowing the life support system would be unplugged in the next few hours. I prayed for her salvation and for the folks who would be getting organs from her through my tears. It was a hard place for sure. One of the donors was receiving Denises eyes and I remember how brown they were and how awesome it was going to be for this person to be able to see again. It really makes me think how fast like goes by us - in a blink. So much of how we live our life is by sight and what we see around us. 10% of things happen to us in life and 90% is how we react to those things.
Last night Carol, Kyle and I sat and watched a movie that we will be playing for Rock Group sunday and it again spoke about vision and eyesight. I wont give the details away of the story but the movie is ~Upside~ and had a wonderful message!! See it if you get the chance.
This morning I came into the office and I have in my inbox a movie clip from Godtube about, you guessed it - Eyesight. Click the link if you want to watch it... its pretty amazing and about 7 min long.
http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=912c91nu

Pretty amazing how life can still go on as normal and in some cases even more so even without our eyes. See so much of our faith rests on the fact that we have to believe in our hearts. When its all said and done, when life is at its hard moments, we have to know deep down that our faith is secure in Jesus and we trust in Him alone. We cant look around us and wobble on our faith or let our situations dictate how much faith we have. Our faith needs to be solid as a rock so that we CAN endure the hard times this life gives us. So without sight we have no other choice but to live life out of our hearts. What would that do in your life if you let what people look like, color of skin, places we live, big homes or small ones, people in need or not ...what if we lived our lives WIDE OPEN out of our hearts?
Would that homeless man on the corner with a sign look different to you? Would that friend at school that you dont like because they have bright red hair and a nose ring.... would they look different to you? What else in your life look different if you lived your life through your heart and not by what you see?
Colossians 3:12-15 Therefore, as Gods chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindess and humility and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts.

Regardless of what we look like, where we come from, where we live, how much earthly materials we have ... God loves us because of the inside - our hearts is what is most important. Lets live our lives with our hearts and seek after Gods heart in all we do. When we become in tune with his ... our lives suddenly take on new shape and new meaning.

Walk by faith, not by site ~ great song from Jeremy Camp.
Tonights LOL bible study should be one to remember.

See what I'm saying? (Im a dork :)) LOL
Lonnie~

No comments: