Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I am really bumbed after the news yesterday that Jeremy Camp cancelled his show for this Thursday. I have been so excited to see him live and worship with him. I will have to wait yet again to see him when he comes around again. But believe me when I say I will see him when the time is right unless God calls me home before that time! You better have your A game Mr. Camp ..... cause I am coming 110%
Last night I didn't sleep well and as I layed in bed thinking and praying and getting upset I was up yet again for another night - the words to this song kept playing over and over again in my head. There have been a handful of musician who have recorded this song. It really spoke to me this morning in the early hours before sunrise.

Strength with rise as we wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord

Our God, You reign forever
Our hope, our strong deliverer
You are the everlasting God
The everlasting God
You do not faint
You won't grow weary

You're the defender of the weak
You comfort those in need
You lift us up on wings like eagles

So much in life is just trying to endure the hard places we often times find ourselves in. Some of those times are due to our own decisions and choices but sometimes they are not. I can't help but to be heartbroken for Kate. Her dad is there with her and they have allowed her to go off campus and spend a few days with him as they share and bond. I can't image being away from my daughter or son for that amount of time. Even when my mom was sick, during those hard 5 months I made sure I was talking with Carol and Kyle every chance I could get. I have some close kids in my life that this applies to also and I love that closeness we share during this season of life. For Kate to go through so much to be in a place to offer her help and guidance into a transition into the real world, a tragedy happens such a classmate is killed and another one in a coma who may or may not make it. 25 girls in the school its not like you can hide and only know this person through word of mouth or through another friendship. This is personal and upfront and close for sure. If you would be praying for Kate, this school family and the family of the student who was killed - that would be great.
So often we find ourselves idle in life. Just waiting out the week to get to the weekend. You read those posts all the time from folks on FaceBook from adults who are just going through the week. Students who are not plugged into school and doing their best - they are living for Friday night football games and parties on Saturday. The rest is the inbetween .... in between what they really want to do. They are just comfortable with where they are and if they are not liking where they are - they accept it and are just going through the motions. Auto Pilot in life. Take it as it comes. Whatever. Talk to the hand, I'm not listening. You can't tell me what to do, cause I am doing it my way.
Those are some hard places.
I see it on the faces of so many of the students in my life. Many are having problems, unsure about who they are, dating someone they know is not right for them or knowing they should be waiting because they don't even know who THEY are themselves ... some have life at home pretty tough and choices they have made in the past continue to rise up and peak that ugly head up when they least expect it. Often times we just want to rush in and get our hands dirty. As a youth leader, I too fall into that trap. I want to help and be involved to help make that change in a persons life. Sometimes it may be a big change but often times its a the small one that makes the most impact. It may mean a simple text or a facebook post to let them know I care, they matter, and I am with them.
What more of an impact could a leader have on a student who really needs a voice in their life of something they can lean back on and really have it hit home?

It says in the song above that our strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord. Its not about us, our timing or our way. Its about Christ leading when its time, its about Him, and its about His ways over our own. Our everlasting God - who has always been and always will be there for us, our loving and caring father, and is willing to do so much in our lives if we would just let him. This faith journey is a journey. Its a long road and often times we fall short before we finish it. We grow weary and our faith fades with all the struggles we have and the load we have to carry. But he lifts us up on wings of eagles and we get to soar with him when that time comes. The promise here is God wont let us stay down. He wont leave us where we are. During trying and hard times, in God time and in do season - He will again lift us up and encourage us, show us, teach us and deliver us to once again walk to the calling on your life.

Strength will rise when we wait on the Lord... waiting is hard but necessary for good to come through all things according to Gods perfect will and plan.
Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
That is where I am today...... no half hearted following of Christ loved ones. All in ......
Peace,
Lonnie~

No comments: