Thursday, October 1, 2009

Hair on fire....

Wait, I don't have any hair but I am feeling the heat. It's a good thing for sure as things are flying all over the place. The last few days have been all over the place for me. Tuesday I was home from work, sick but working as we try out some new procedures at work as we gear up for what is expected a big flu season and things must go on. What can I do from home and still be productive? I ended up all over the place and doing lots of things.... not sure I am cut out for that or not but in the short term I think it would be fine. Last night our LOL high/middle school met on the land to work the pumpkin patch. It was a great time together as we share time together and build important relationships. Tomorrow I am part of a leadership team that is headed to Bojangles area for the Revolve tour. It is a conference for young girls/women in middle and high school and the focus is all on them! What are they facing today, what struggles they are facing and how does God see them. He sees them perfectly and wonderfully made for sure. I think society is really messing up our children both boys and girls. As a parent and as a follower of Jesus who has a heart for these kids - it just burns me up with some of the things they are going through and what they are dealing with. I am really excited about these 2 days and what will be filling their hearts and minds. Tomorrow morning we are going to school to kick off the YCI at Kyles school. Hoping to reach out to over 200+ students as we bring some worship music, a message from Pastor Travis and prayer over them all.... I can't wait to pump the energy up and give out a few hundred high fives.... it will be great to see some faces and smiles!
John 18:37
37Then Pilate said, "So, are you a king or not?"
Jesus answered, "You tell me. Because I am King, I was born and entered the world so that I could witness to the truth. Everyone who cares for truth, who has any feeling for the truth, recognizes my voice."


Lord I pray this afternoon that we are indeed listening to your voice. Help us remove the distractions in our every day life so that we may hear from you and feel you with a clear direction. Help us remove the fears and all that keep us from moving forward in doing your work and your will. I pray we shine that awesome light ahead of us even if its just a few steps ahead so that we may see with your eyes Lord. I pray for those who are around me today who are sick and need your healing hands on them. Comfort them Lord and restore them in both health and spirit. I pray for a great reach both wide and high for you tomorrow as we are at school. May your presence be there with us as we enjoy our time investing in those students. May your words and vision penetrate the hearts and minds of those young ladies Lord that we will be taking to the conference tomorrow and Saturday. Help them see what You see Lord above all else and help them let go of what society and what is normal today. Keep us safe in our travels. Thank You for my family Lord and for Carol always having my back. We seem to be running in all directions the last few weeks and I pray we stay on the same page with things and our communication builds during the days ahead. Lord I appreciate all she does, all the juggling and all the little stuff that needs attention. Her sacrifices in life are showing her true heart Lord and its touching so many around us. Keep us strong and guide us as we serve you and those around us with compassion and a heart that burns for the things of you. I pray all these things in your sons name, Amen

No comments: