Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The big fat WOW~

I cannot even begin to describe the last few days. I am very blessed to have some close people in my life that I am doing life with to help, to pray and to talk to. I am blessed to have a heavenly father who listens to my heart and understands my tears- Feels my families heart and understands our tears. For some - we are in this together and for that I am so thankful for you that you just don't know and I couldn't ever explain it and do it justice. I love you ......
I look around at some of the things in my life - my experiences at the Center of Hope - the struggles of some folks around me - struggles of some of my students that are in reach of my care and I have to say that often times we become blinded by whats going on around us. Our eyes become out of focus and we just wait on the WOW to happen. For God to come down and fix this or fix that. We look for the big miracles and even though those happen every single day - we often miss the most impactful ones - ones that change the course of our struggles and our lives. Those can be found in the small miracles as God lines things up in our favor, as He puts people in our lives to speak to our hearts and opens doors that we never knew was there. Loved ones often times we look at the "Step Backs" but indeed they turn into "Step Ups". So even in your struggles, even as you walk with a dear loved one in their struggles or whatever the case may be .... there is something to learn in it. Ask God to reveal what it is you need to learn - what you need to experience and what your faith needs to grow. Then you will be on the right track and a turning point will begin to happen. Trust and Faith go hand in hand.
I am learning that its in the little victories and in the little blessings - come the bigger ones - the ones that WOW us ..... if you have a teenager that just refuses to come to church and hates being there and just fights you every step of the way ---- hang in there.... their WOW factor just might be around the corner. Your WOW factor might be around the corner in leading them.
Chin up loved ones.... do the best you can and leave it in the hands who created you, who knows you, who feels your pain and understands your tears..... He already knows the next move.... and is one step in front paving the paths ahead.

John 6:29-71
29Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent."
30So they asked him, "What miraculous sign then will you give that we may see it and believe you? What will you do? 31Our forefathers ate the manna in the desert; as it is written: 'He gave them bread from heaven to eat.'[
a]"
32Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, it is not Moses who has given you the bread from heaven, but it is my Father who gives you the true bread from heaven. 33For the bread of God is he who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world."
34"Sir," they said, "from now on give us this bread."
35Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty. 36But as I told you, you have seen me and still you do not believe. 37All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. 38For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. 39And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all that he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. 40For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day."

No comments: