Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Thankful...

I am so very blessed to be doing life with some awesome people. I am very thankful looking back over the last week or so. God has put some people in my life to speak truth and remind me what matters most. They are my friends, my family and "MyKids".
I just finished with a conversation in my office that has just fired me up. Sitting and talking through some past things and some things that God is doing in this young persons life is the "real" work here at work. Its who I am not what I do. When you can love someone to Jesus so that one day they can love someone to Jesus - then you got things right.

~I am thankful today for my wife Carol for her faithfulness and her giant giving heart. You are my soul mate Carol and I am blessed to have such a God honoring woman to have my back and do life with. I couldn't do this without you. I am excited to see her with her new "Do". I am sure its going to look awesome. I dont have any hope for a new "Do" ... so I guess I have to live it through hers :)
~I am thankful for my son Kyle who has just an incredible heart of compassion for others and such a funny sense of humor. Dude, you make me proud and I am so excited to see what God is going to do in your life. Love you man!!
~I am thankful for Kate. Even though its had its ups and downs as we learn about each other with her under my roof. There is a bigger mission behind everything and that is the outcome of getting through school and onto bigger things in life. I am still praying you find Jesus through this miss Kate. I love you and want so much for you to live life ALIVE and doing what God has instilled in your heart.
~I am thankful for my rock group. The families who are doing life with my family and I. I feel blessed to have folks who have my back, where I can be myself, where I can love and invest in their children and Kyle in theirs. Its a safe haven for hurts and a winners circle to share the victories.
~I am thankful for "MyKids" who I get to invest in and spend quality time with. They are as close to being my real kids as they can get. I want to teach you and show you Jesus in everything I do because ya'll are showing me and teaching me Jesus in what you all do. I love you and you know who you are!
~I am thankful for my Pauls in my life who are teaching me and holding me accountable in the things I do and say. I am thankful they take time to invest in me as I walk in my ministry in following Jesus.
~I am thankful for our students at church and their families. How awesome it is to be spending time with them and be at that place in life where I know I have something to give back to them and show them the love that Jesus has for them.
~I am thankful for my mom and dad and soon to be step mom. I am thankful for their marriage this Saturday and the covenant they are making before God.
~I am thankful today for the simple things in life. The Cabin that gives me, my family and so many others a small place to hide, rest and share time together.
~I am thankful to be learning how to forgive and move on with a teenager. How the little things said are just that... little.
~I am thankful I am a Waffle and not spaghetti because I have a hard enough time focusing and getting through one thing at a time in my life before moving onto 3 other things. Thank you Revolve tour.....!
~I am thankful to be serving the Lord where I am today. For His amazing love for me and using me even after all the things I have been through and done in my life. He chose to use me anyways. I am thankful for my heart to learn more about Him and to love those around me for Him. I heard today that if I could love a person to Jesus, they too will love a person to Jesus. Amen Amen Amen....... some of ya are hard to love but I am not mentioning names.
~I am thankful for my health. Both spiritually and physically.

This is where I am today...... its a good place to be.
Lonnie~

I am reminded in 1 Timothy 4:
6-10You've been raised on the Message of the faith and have followed sound teaching. Now pass on this counsel to the followers of Jesus there, and you'll be a good servant of Jesus. Stay clear of silly stories that get dressed up as religion. Exercise daily in God—no spiritual flabbiness, please! Workouts in the gymnasium are useful, but a disciplined life in God is far more so, making you fit both today and forever. You can count on this. Take it to heart. This is why we've thrown ourselves into this venture so totally. We're banking on the living God, Savior of all men and women, especially believers.

No comments: