Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A little extra ....

I have been really in music mode the last 2 days. Let me share with you what that means. About a month ago, I was trying my best to explain to one of my teenagers that we have to watch we fill our minds with - meaning the music we listen to. Music has such an influence on our emotions, attitude and mood right? After listening to me for a minute explaining it - it was said that not all music has a message to it. That means I don't want to listen any longer. :) - Ok I am ok with that.... Hey some folks look at the words and some just listen to the beat. I want to fill my heart and my mind with good things - encouragement - and uplifting things.
So after making a play list for one of dear kids this afternoon - a new song by Steven Curtis Chapman came across the Ipod. I can't help but to have tears in my eyes as these words just speak volumes to my heart. I feel this in so many ways, so many emotions and in "MyKids". I have been having some conversation the last few days about what our reflection shows others. Our smiles reflect our hearts and I read a quote yesterday from a church leader that said - "We have too many walking around talking about church - but we don’t have enough people walking around with the beauty of Jesus on their face". I can see Jesus on some faces around me and I am so very blessed to be looking inside them and to also be walking with them.
I hope this song moves you just a fraction as it did me.

Heaven Is The Face by Steven Curtis Chapman
Heaven is the face of a little girl
With dark brown eyes
That disappear when she smiles
Heaven is the place
Where she calls my name
Says, “daddy please come play with me for awhile”
God, I know, it’s all of this and so much more
But God, You know, that this is what I’m aching for
God,You know, I just can’t see beyond the door
So right now Heaven is the sound of her breathing deep
Lying on my chest, falling fast asleep while I sing
And Heaven is the weight of her in my arms
Being there to keep her safe from harm while she dreams
And God, I know, it’s all of this and so much more
But God, You know, that this is what I’m longing for
God,You know, I just can’t see beyond the door
But in my mind’s eye I can see a place
Where Your glory fills every empty space
All the cancer is gone Every mouth is fed
And there’s no one left in the orphans’ bed
Every lonely heart finds their one true love
And there’s no more goodbye And no more not enough And there’s no more enemy (no more)
Heaven is a sweet, maple syrup kiss
And a thousand other little things I miss with her gone
Heaven is the place where she takes my hand
And leads me to You And we both run into Your arms
Oh God, I know, it’s so much more than I can dream It’s far beyond anything I can conceive
So God, You know, I’m trusting You until I see Heaven in the face of my little girl

No comments: