Friday, October 30, 2009

A blessed morning~

Love is Here - 10th Avenue North
Come to the waters, you who thirst and you'll thirst no more.
Come to the father, you who work and you'll work no more.
And all you who labor in vain and to the broken and shamed:
Love is here.
Love is now.
Love is pouring from His hands, from his brows.
Love is near, it satisfies.
Streams of mercy flowing from his side.
Cuz love is here.

What a great song to be jamming to while at work. Most everyone I know is off today but I dredged myself into work this morning and in many ways - very thankful for that. I got to go with 2 of my sweet kids last night to a horse ranch who's main purpose is to offer therapy to disabled children. They offer riding lessons for them and they get to experience these wonderful animals and exercise while riding.... nothing but smiles for sure. I fully enjoyed the peace I experienced while there as well as hanging out with both of "MyKids". Got some great pictures!
This morning I got a bug to do some printing on our color photo printer. Its been awhile since I have done that and glad I did. I am reminded at how blessed I am. How blessed my family is for all these wonderful people we are doing life with. Looking over these photo's really makes me realize how awesome that God has placed these families and all these awesome young people in my life. It really is amazing that life is fully alive with them in my life. I have to say that if God took me this afternoon - I have indeed left some kind of mark on their life. I am blessed to know that and feel it in my heart.

Today's post will be in part, which I will finish next week but I have had this on my heart the last few weeks and have shared it with a few of "MyKids" already and this won't be new news to them but hopefully it will be for someone.
Relationship as its defined by Dictionary.com:
1. a connection, association, or involvement.
2. connection between persons

One of the big things that I want "MyKids" and the students I am leading is this:
I CARE ~ Simply put – when you make a step to connect with a student screams how much you care. In a teenage world of too-busy parents, virtual friendships and fast-paced relationships, our efforts to develop a relationship with them shows how deeply you care for them. Every minute you spend with them, every text you send, every time you show up – they speak volumes without a spoken word.
I do my best to always be in the moment when an opportunity arises for those teachable moments. I so much enjoy talking and sharing my experiences with them because I have been there and know some of the things they are going through and struggling with. We have to be authentic when we are building these relationships which means everything we do - counts. Some days you make progress forward and some days you go backwards. Part of my role is to encourage them as they navigate life. It's challenging to have them think for themselves and rethink everything they are seeing in life because the world is showing them OPPOSITE of the truth of Jesus Christ.
I have it on my heart today to make sure you know - I care. When they know that - they stick! they see it...they feel it... and they in time ... will really know it. An hour a week with most of "MyKids" and students but its really felt in those + moments .... those + moments could be a facebook post, a text message, a visit to a ball game or cheer - It could be spending time over a Sonic Shake after cleaning horses for a few hours. These are special moments indeed.

I care ..... and thank you for caring me back.
With all the love I have,
Lonnie~

No comments: