Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Last couple of days....

Hope this post finds everyone well today that follows my heart here at "the walk". The last few days have been pretty exciting with my family reunion on Sunday and 2 days spent at the cabin with a couple special young people. I am especially thankful for my uncle Homer who preached a few minutes and then blessed the food Sunday. I could follow him around all day listening to what he has to say and I really enjoy feeling his heart as he goes around the room talking and greeting everyone. There is just a love for the Lord that radiates from him. I am also especially thankful for a parent who let her most precious possession come with us to the cabin. You have no idea how much I value that trust and the relationship I have with your family - I just dont have the words to fill it in today but my heart speaks many things. When God is behind something and is leading the way, we often times don't understand things and its usually not the norm that people agree with.
James 1:27 Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you.

This is part 2 in a small series I am sharing here on "the walk". This is a song that has been played a lot on my Ipod over the last few days.
Big Daddy Weave – What Life Would Be Like
I wish I was more of a man
Have you ever felt that way
And if I had to tell you the truth
I’m afraid I’d have to say
That after all I’ve done and failed to do
I feel like less than I was meant to be
And what if I could fix myself
Maybe then I could get free
I could try to be somebody else
Whose much better off than me
But I need to remember this
That it’s when I’m at my weakest
I can clearly see
He made the lame walk And the dumb talk

He opened blinded eyes to see
That the sun rises on His time Yet He knows our deepest desperate need
And the world waits While His heart aches
To realize the dream
I wonder what life would be like
If we let JESUS live through you and me

With any leader, business - church - family - we can lead about 10 people before it gets to be too big. If you are leading more than that you will need to recruit help to properly lead and be effective. I continue to learn that along my faith journey. As I mentioned earlier - I want the people in my life and the students/families I am leading to know ~ I care. BUT there is more than that. Not only do I care but ~ You matter to me.
I think about my rock group families and the young adults when I think about this but it also applies to so many more. That contact I have with each of them is personal. It means I care but it also means that you matter. You are not left behind or just another person who is struggling, lost or confused. What your smile and face shows each minute of every single day reflects what and where your heart is. That matters to me. Families are struggling today from so much. Our children are facing divorced parents, drug addictions and peer pressures in schools, magazines and friends. Our churches are meant to be a safe haven for the lost and the hurting. As a leader I am supposed to reflect in my heart the face of Jesus and that means going to messy places because lets face it. Relationships are messy. Real people+Real life=Real Messy. I know I am part of a team. A team that consists of parents, friends, other leaders and pastors - who ever is willing to be in the fight... That small group around me - I want them to know they matter. I can't reach everyone. Not everyone is going to listen and yes Matthew 7:13 says: Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it.
~I Care
~You matter to me
Yes sometimes its painful, its sometimes inconvenient, it can be exhausting but there is so much that is awesome and wonderful. Yes I am choosing the road less traveled but only because I know Jesus is at the end of this path. Love leaves a significant mark. Who ever said this was going to be easy? I sure didn't... I have lived the other side in this life but really living is on the other side. Gods side.....

To realize the dream
I wonder what life would be like
If we let JESUS live through you and me

No comments: