Monday, November 3, 2008

Reunion~









Monday morning already. Where does the time go? Had a great halloween spent with some friends in their neighborhood. We had a trailer hooked up to the 4wheeler, had some lights on the trailer and some hay bails.... Kids hit the streets hard and we all had a blast. Moms stayed back at the house and enjoyed each others company. Saturday night we attended a grown up Halloween party - its been a long time since Carol and I did something like that. I was not feeling that well and did not stay as long as we would have liked but it was fun - we hang with some crazy peeps! You know who ya'll are :)

My family reunion was great yesterday. It is still hard to believe that my mom was not there. It just didn't seem real that she was not. Uncle Homer spoke to the family and thanked God that we had another year together. The weather was awesome even if the leaves were just a little past peak - it was still beautiful. FOOD was awesome as well....and so much of it. I couldn't help but to think about the families that Carol and I and our Rock Group will be helping over the next few months. I wish we could have taken plates back for them and let them enjoy some good country cookin! Kyle was besides himself with the banana puddin. WOW - it was good.

We got to spend a little time yesterday on our way out at the cemetary. It was hard to hold back the tears but it was good to be looking up at that mountain and knowing where mom is and feel how BIG God is.
Feeling very thankful this morning.......
Lonnie~





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was good to see you at the reunion...sorry we didn't get to talk much...going on only about 4 hours of sleep after a 13 hour night, I was pretty tired. I also had alot on my mind. Send up some prayers for me I am going through some personal problems right now but am trying really hard to work them out so keep me in your prayers. I wanted to chat with you all some more but after they gave out the prizes I noticed you were gone...I thought you had just went outside but I guess you had to get going back home but it was good to see you anyway and everyone else. I don't think I had been able to be there for about 5 years but that should change in a few months when I will hopefully go back to working every other weekend instead of all of them!!! Hope that I can see you again soon and we'll be able to talk more...Love ya!!

Angie