Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A little encouragement....

Its a little cloudy this morning. Yes outside and in my head. Stayed up too late last night I guess! Pretty exciting to be an American today. This country is in sure need to get the "GREAT" back to her.

I want to pass along a little lesson that I got to live out yesterday - that little lesson is - "A little encouragment goes a long way". I bet you could encourage someone today no matter what it may be in. Sports, personal, attitude, a relationship like a mom or dad, husband or wife, a child or a friend or maybe even the cashier at the local grocery store. Sometimes that is really all that a person needs to hear to make a big impact on them!

I have been reading a new book - "Do The Hard Things". So far I am enjoying it as I look to challenge myself in some areas but also look to challenge those around me. Too often in life, we take the easy road. We avoid the hard conversations or tip toe around the tough things. So often we wait, dodge and weave around something and it grows bigger than it should be - if we would tackle the issue when it comes up, it is often movable then and fixable. I think about friendships that I have had and how they are different now or not at all - all because of something that was not taken care of from the beginning or a conversation that needed to happen but didn't. The hard thing became harder and too big to move - so it was avoided and the friendship ends. Shame really........ I think about our young folks and the way society challenges them. They have fire in them but they just don't know it or how to use it. They need direction and guidance but as adults/parents we don't address it. We don't have that talk with our kids because it is too hard or difficult - for us! Our kids have untapped energy and are wanting to take on things, to be challenged and to make a difference. You were young once - you know what they are feeling! As I look around me and see the influence I have in not only my son but also the kids and families around me - I know my example has to be bigger! I have to be excited for them. I have to have passion in my love for Jesus so that they can see it even with their eyes closed. I don't want my faith to be casual. Life today, society tells us its ok to be casual - casual how we dress, casual sex, casual friendships - the list goes on. Very little passion and feeling/action behind anything at all. We are called to be different!! But all through the bible - people that met Jesus did not take that meeting casual! They were changed big time. I don't want to take what Jesus is teaching me, casual. I don't want to take my friendships nor "MyKids" casual. Nor do I want to serve Him and those around me casual. God is using us in the greatest story ever told! We should not be casual in HOW God is using us. In a world that is full of disposable things.... we are not disposable and we each matter to God.
So do a little encouraging today. Reach out to someone or to that family and extend a helping hand. Take a risk and let God direct the paths head.

To "My Kids" and my peeps out there....... "Do the Hard Things"~ and put some action into your faith.

1 Timothy 4:12
12 Don’t let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity.

Love you all - peace,
Lonnie~

No comments: