Monday, November 24, 2008

Monday morning....

And I did not like the alarm this morning. I was pumped up last night after Rock Group. Maybe it was the people and maybe it was God's word moving in me or maybe it was something shared. Maybe it was everything about it.... this thing of doing life with others. Others that are like family in so many ways. People you really care about and kids who you really want to pour into.

Yesterday at church Brandon and April shared with everyone that they are being called away from our church. Carol and I both sat and let a few tears go as they shared the answer of Gods direction. It must have been hard and tough for them to do this but honoring God is above all those things, especially the emotions and the goodbyes. Love you both ....... and so proud of you. I am excited for ya'll and the journey ahead.

Carol has got our turkey. She will be fixin to make the preperations for the 10 minute meal that takes 10 hours to get ready. Looking forward to some down time and sharing the meal over and over again... I am sure there will be turkey sandwiches, soup, cake and more turkey somethings. I continue to feel that this year will be a giving year even with the shape that folks are in. I do believe it will be a year spent on others. If money is short this year...... spend your gift in "TIME" - there are people out there who need someone to walk with them, to help that hurt, an ear for talking with, leaves that need to be cleaned out of the gutters, kids that can be watched so mom can have some "Mommy" time.... You fill in the "TIME" ....

Hoping to hang out with some of my guy peeps tonight........ have a great Monday~
Love ya'll,
Lon~

No comments: