Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Morning time.....

James 2
Faith without Good Deeds Is Dead
14 What good is it, dear brothers and sisters, if you say you have faith but don’t show it by your actions? Can that kind of faith save anyone? 15 Suppose you see a brother or sister who has no food or clothing, 16 and you say, “Good-bye and have a good day; stay warm and eat well”—but then you don’t give that person any food or clothing. What good does that do?
17 So you see, faith by itself isn’t enough. Unless it produces good deeds, it is dead and useless.
18 Now someone may argue, “Some people have faith; others have good deeds.” But I say, “How can you show me your faith if you don’t have good deeds? I will show you my faith by my good deeds.”
19 You say you have faith, for you believe that there is one God.[
f] Good for you! Even the demons believe this, and they tremble in terror. 20 How foolish! Can’t you see that faith without good deeds is useless?
26 Just as the body is dead without breath,[i] so also faith is dead without good works.

Ever get those nudges where you know God is asking you to do something? You sit and examine what it is you are feeling and then talk back and forth with God? You want me to do what? Now? Here? I will look stupid or silly ... Can't you ask someone else God? What if I fail or they reject me? I don't want to extend myself ... I am scared.
I do this as well. But I do it less and less often. I have had some nudges lately from the Lord. I have been blessed in the experience by just saying, "Ok God - I am on it".

There are some hurting people around us. There are some who feel they are walking completely alone. They may be surrounded by hundreds of people - but feel they are there - alone. We can feel alone even while sitting at a football game with 80,000 people around us. We have lost our purpose, our vision, experienced or experiencing something very dark and hurtful, but God can open that wound and clean it. He can shed light on that struggle and hurt and provide healing. He can restore that marriage, friendship or child who seems very far away from the family right now. The pit that you are in right now, whatever it may be, is God getting your attention. He is chasing you down. Every day of rebellion is a brick that is building a wall between you and our heavenly father.
Last night while spending some time with some good friends... I couldn't help but to look out the window and see the rain falling. This morning I know why the rain really stood out in my mind. It was God washing away what was left at that table. There was a start to healing because God sat at that table with us last night. He has told us that when 2 or more get together in His name, He would be there with us. Last night was a church night. We didn't have to wait till Sunday - we took the church with us. That rain is special, it refreshes our soul and makes new.
Psalm 95
If only you would listen to his voice today! 8 The Lord says, “Don’t harden your hearts."

God can and will do amazing things in your life, if you would just let Him. It's by His grace that we even draw our next breath.
I want to be right with God - Whatever it takes and whatever it costs...... join me in those words. Examine what you are carrying... the load is heavy. How much do you have control over those things anyways? You do your part....and God will do His part.
I too have had to learn that lesson....... I am thankful for many things this morning but most important - I am thankful that God accepted me as I am.

Start today Loved ones..... TRUST- The Real U Starts Today

With love and prayers,
Lonnie~

No comments: