Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I just got back in from giving blood. The Red Cross is here on campus this afternoon for 5 hours. The sad thing is I was only #29. Pretty bad when there are over 20,000 students on campus and 5000 faculty/staff. I did get the honor of the procedure where they split out your white blood cells in the machine and then inject you with COLD saline. Well, its not that cold its at room temp but that is still only like 67 degrees. It makes you feel funny and my lips turn blue. During checkin the lady had a puzzled look on her face - she said did you just eat some icecream? I said heavens no - why? She said you temperature is only 94.3 degrees... I smiled and said - that is pretty normal for me -my wife is the HOT one. :)

I always reflect back to when my mom was sick when I give blood. This procedure is done mostly for cancer patients and I am glad to do my part in helping them in some way. It is a horrible disease and I am glad to have given this "Gift" to a person who is sick and their family during this Thanksgiving season.

Now I get to rest on the couch tonight and rest - nurses orders :)
Lonnie~

No comments: