Friday, November 7, 2008

Friday ~

I am hungry for lunch. That is a good thing since my tummy has been wrecked since like last Saturday evening time. Actually got to sleep last night and slept good. That seems to be rare these days for some reason.

Headed out for lunch and also to do some Fall Festival stuff with a buddy of mine who has a truck. Please keep Carol and her peeps from the Harrisburg PTA in your prayers. They have been working OT on this fall festival. Its their biggest fund raiser of the year and I bet they will be showing the wear and tear tomorrow evening. I am honored to be doing my part tonight and tomorrow. Its really a shame that when it comes to volunteers - 10% of the people do 90% of the work. This leads to frustration, mixed emotions, angry people and stressed people. Eventually leading to burn out and then quitting. So please keep them all in your prayers!

I have been reminded the last week now how much I just despise Myspace. I just can't stand the ads, the lure to dating and meeting one night flings ...etc. If you have a teenager... how hard would it be to pull them off of it? There is some real crap on there.
I have also been upset some with the language that some of our teens are using. I never dreamed I would hear or read some of the things coming from some of the kids I know. Nothing worse than a foul mouth teenage girl or boy. Expectations too high? I don't think so....

Words are such important things - they can either be used to build up a person or tear down a person. If we tear people down then we are really saying we don't respect them or value them at all. I especially dislike it when we see a family out to eat or shopping together and the mom or dad is screaming or yelling at the waitress or cashier. Man they can use a break from idiots!

Looking forward to the weekend...... hope to see lots of "MyKids" tomorrow - lots of awesome families enjoying time together. Church Sunday .... Rock Group Sunday night and Panthers!!!!
Thats all for now........ I am on the move~ Thankful big time today!
Love ya'll,
Lonnie~

No comments: