Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Last 4 or 5 days.....

I have been really listening to the music from Jeremy Camp. Kyle even asked me the other day if I was sick of it yet? How can I be when his music is so much a part of my walk?
I have come to realize that what is in my heart has got to be on the edge of my lips - PRAISE.

In all things, no matter what we are struggling with or how God is stretching us - Praise has to be the first thing that we do. Life doesn't always turn out the way WE think it should or how it should go ..... but regardless there is purpose and meaning. That is what is on my heart the last few days...I want to be real.

I want to be real - no faking - just plain ol' me. I am who God says I am and not what my past says or what anyone else says I am.

I want to be real - I want to choose what is right. Not what people say I should choose or feel I should choose. I want my motives to be what is right and what would make God smile. I don't want my choices to be for people...choosing Gods path might mean walking to places people don't understand and you may lose a few along the way.

I want to be real - I know I am supposed to be that Christian that encourages others, that walks through those hard places with friends, who comes to help others without being asked, to be that Male role model to a young person who needs one. I want to be real knowing that this is on my heart and I want to be real knowing that faith and praying is so small when its not followed up with action.

I want to be real - meaning that when I am there on Sundays - you Lord have my attention. You Lord have my heart. You Lord, have my worship. I am thankful to be serving you and not only on Sundays .... I want to be real and not just show that on Sundays but all through the week.

I want to be real - when I need to forgive. When I am not hung on the details of someone hurting me or my family. Help me be real and pray for them. You tell us to pray for our enemies... and for those who have hurt us or who have walked away.

I want to be real - I want to be moved to new understanding and a new level in my faith and trust because I am blessed. I have felt the presense of You Lord during the many difficult seasons in my life. I want to be real when I say thank You!

I want to be real - when I choose Your way over my own. When I see Your things and the things I am seeing fade. I want to see people around me the way You do and not how I see them.

I want to be real - I want to be generous for the right reasons and continue to do so. I want to shine each day for You Lord so that other see You and not so much me. I don't want 10 loaves of bread but I want to give 9 of them so that I am not hoarding. I want to give freely and willingly because those blessings when we give to others far outway the blessings of me keeping them.

I want to be real - when I am that friend that I needed when I needed a friend. They say that friends love each other even when everyone else walks away. I believe that~ I trust that~ I have seen that.

Lord you are making me real - Continue Lord to help me to be real.
Lonnie~

Jeremy Camp -
You want to be real
You want to be empty inside
You want to be someone laying down your pride
You want to be someone someday
Then lay it all down before the King
You want to be whole
You want to have purpose inside
You want to have virtue and purify your mind
You want to be set free today then lay it all down before the King
(Chorus):
This is my desire This is my return This is my desire to be used by you
You want to be real
You want to be emptied inside And I know my heart is to feel you near And I know my life
It's to do your will It's to do your will
(Chorus) All my life I have seen where you've taken me
Beyond all I have hoped and there's more left unseen
There's not much I can do to repay all you've done so I give my hands to use

No comments: