Friday, October 31, 2008

Spooky Friday~

I got to leave work a little early last night and headed to the voting booth. Got through the line in a little over an hour. I am glad and honored to do such a thing even if it took some time. I did have my Ipod with me and caught up on a sermon from Pastor Perry Noble from NewSpring Church. It was great listening to him, learning something from him and also laughing a few times outloud and everyone turning to look at me. Oh well... they should be listening too~

Happy Halloween everyone! I hope everyone has a safe and fun time tonight. I hope that everyone has someone to trick or treat with because that even makes tonights activities even more fun. I know with having a 5th grader - its all about the friends syndrom is kicking in. Hey I can dig it... I love Kyles friends!

This week has pretty much been a blur and this weekend will prove to be nothing but the same. Busy Busy- Looking forward to it though as we have a party tomorrow night and my family reunion on Sunday in Ararat VA. Looking forward to some country home cooking and there will be PLENTY to eat! I also look forward to seeing many of my cousins, aunts and uncles and a message from my great Uncle Homer. He always leads the family in prayer and a message of how blessed we are as a family. Uncle Homer pastored a church for MANY years and is now blind but continues to share the love of Jesus through his message and example. I always leave pumped after hearing him. The awesome thing I will NEVER forget is walking up to him, shaking his hand and giving him a hug and saying "Hey Uncle Homer" and he knows my voice. How flippin awesome is that?

I have gotten a lot from my quiet time this week~

1 Thessalonians 5
16Be joyful always; 17pray continually; 18give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 28The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.

There is such need in our communities today. Pray with me and ask the Lord to lead you to serve someone, a family, a shelter, or a child - through a meal, a need, a friendship or some other way. Together we can make a difference.

Peace to you all,
Lonnie~

No comments: