Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A little time ....

Set aside this morning for the Lord. I woke this morning, kid you not, 5 minutes before the alarm went off. I was in the middle of a prayer when I woke up. 3 people on my heart and mind this morning.... and I thank the Lord for them as I lift them in prayer.
This morning in my quiet time - I am in Philippians 1:
Paul’s Life for Christ
20 For I fully expect and hope that I will never be ashamed, but that I will continue to be bold for Christ, as I have been in the past. And I trust that my life will bring honor to Christ, whether I live or die. 21 For to me, living means living for Christ, and dying is even better. 22 But if I live, I can do more fruitful work for Christ. So I really don’t know which is better. 23 I’m torn between two desires: I long to go and be with Christ, which would be far better for me. 24 But for your sakes, it is better that I continue to live.
25 Knowing this, I am convinced that I will remain alive so I can continue to help all of you grow and experience the joy of your faith. 26 And when I come to you again, you will have even more reason to take pride in Christ Jesus because of what he is doing through me.


Paul give us a perfect example of taking up his cross for the Lord fully knowing that being with Jesus would be above all else - he accepts that Gods will is not done yet in his life.
The past few visits to the schools to have lunch with some of "MyKids" have really impressed some things on my heart. The kids are SO excited to see me, but I look at it as, they have a visitor. Some children never get a visitor and that really hurts me but that visitor can be anyone they know just as long as they have someone special to eat lunch with. Lots of comments from the other classmates ... makes the visit that much more special to them. Being introduced to the teachers is always a little scary since there is some caution with a new person coming to the lunch room. Once introduced as their Sunday school teacher and then as a friend, really makes me feel good that what I do, what Carol and I do and so many others, ~ We are making a difference. Even if it is one child at a time ... it is worth all the effort and struggle to continue on for these children. A recent visit brought me 3 children while waiting outside of the lunch room that knew me from church. Excited to see me and tell me about their week and the last Sunday school lesson 2 weeks before ... and they are only visiting our church! They were so happy I recognized them! Don't tell me these children don't go home and tell there parents that their Sunday School teacher was at school today. Will that have an impact of where their Sunday mornings will be? I think so, I hope so and I pray it does!
I read somewhere yesterday that only 4% of the kids graduating high school today know Jesus. That is sad, especially with the direction this country is taking ... imagine when these 96% are old enough to be running this country and making our decisions! God has placed these kids on my heart in such a way that it really hurts. I want to fight the battles with them and do whatever I can to make a difference in their life. I don't care if they come from money, have parents who can't afford lunch for their child, from a divorced home or have everything! - All I care about is if they know Jesus and they are seeing Him through me. Maybe by my investments, my prayers for them and my heart - they will see Jesus through all this and follow Him in their lives.
How awesome it is to be thanked by the teachers and to get an email or phone call from a parent. Sometimes I need that encouragment to keep going... things don't happen over night but they may in "A Little Time"....

Listen all my young ones, want to make a difference in school, You want to be different, You want to not be like everyone else, you want to find out who you really are? - then follow Jesus and let Him be your uniqueness & that one thing that makes you stand out from the crowd.

... I am nothing without You Lord. May all my intentions and motives be Your intentions and motives. May I have the courage and strength to continue to carry my cross for You as I reach out to these kids. Even if it is one at a time Lord, use me to deliver the practical love of Your son Jesus to them. Help me fight the good fight and not listen to the things others say, like I am wasting my time or that child has parents who wont take them to church. I pray that You provide a way Lord. Open the doors that need to be opened. Help our church continue to reach the young ones Lord and instill in them a safety and a security in You. May You lead them and protect them. I pray my visits are welcome and that I can continue this ministry that You have placed on me for as long as You need me. I thank You for each of the kids, their parents who see value in the investment I am making and for showing me something I never knew I had in me. May the life I am living Lord be just a fraction of Pauls life - living for You. For You be all the glory and praise... Amen

No comments: