Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My quiet time ....

I am rested today after a decent night sleep. I have not been sleeping all that well lately and not sure why. I go for a few days with just unsettled sleep and then a good night or 2 .... but last night was a good night. I am thankful for that......My quiet time this morning was spent in
Galatians 6
Doing Good to All
1Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently. But watch yourself, or you also may be tempted. 2Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. 3If anyone thinks he is something when he is nothing, he deceives himself. 4Each one should test his own actions. Then he can take pride in himself, without comparing himself to somebody else, 5for each one should carry his own load.

There are 2 things that really speak to me in these passages. Over the last week, I have sat with some folks who have just shared some personal and deep things. I am blessed to have this opportunity to be there for them, to speak truth to them and do my best to be God's witness for them. I don't have the answers but together - we carry the load and in so many ways it gives us both strength and courage. It gives us motivation to stay in Gods word and to learn what the issues mean and why they are there. God doesn't let teachable moments pass by.

My family and I are also doing life with another family who has a daughter and its her birthday party this coming weekend. She made the decision to not accept gifts this year but to collect items for the local womens shelter. What a gift from God this child has. Giving when normal children are receiving - especially at such a young age. SO proud of her :) - I am all about helping this cause and I came into work this morning and fired off an email asking for help in her collection. I have called it "Birthday Give" and many have emailed me back telling me they will drop things off in my office this week for me to take to her. I am especially excited about this not because I love this child - I really do! - but I am excited that as a follower of Jesus, we are providing an incredible example for her to follow. We are to be helping carry the load of others. Are our intentions right in line with Gods intentions when we help others? Are we helping for a reason other than for Gods glory?
We must always examine "WHY" we are doing something and make sure it is for the right reasons. I ask the Lord daily to keep my intentions in line with His - especially when it comes to "MyKids". Help me take the right paths, Show me what I need to do - there are so many other kids that are dear to my heart and I want to help, I want to walk with them, I want to encourage them, I want to invite them to church - but God has not opened those doors for me yet. He may when the time comes but then again He may not so that I can continue investing in the ones He has trusted with me today. I do pour my heart into them .....

We have the pumpkin patch tonight. Looking forward to that time as I am sure the Patch will be busy. I also like hanging out with our peeps! Got to have lunch with a few of "MyKids" today at lunch and they are all doing well. That especially makes me happy when all is well in the lives of "MyKids". Prayers for Carol as she will surely be sore from being at the dentist - she is having some work done and this is the first of a few visits.

My heart is encouraged today and I am thankful for that.
Enjoying the sun and 68 outside..... thinking of a cup of coffee on the porch right now.

Psalm 4: 6-7 Why is everyone hungry for more? "More, more," they say. "More, more." I have God's more-than-enough, More joy in one ordinary day 7-8 Than they get in all their shopping sprees. At day's end I'm ready for sound sleep, For you, God, have put my life back together.

Thank You Lord for where You have me today. May You continue to bless me in the things You are calling me to do - its all for You glory Lord and for Your purposes. I pray You keep my intentions Lord in line with Your Intentions. May I continue to reach out to those around me, to those hurting and those who need just a little helping hand and encouragement. I pray for those opportunities Lord and for me to recognize them so that I don't miss anything! Thank You for the people You have surrounded me with Lord to do this life together. I pray for our friendships and our journey together following You. I thank You for "MyKids" and placing them on my heart with a passion to be a good example for them. Lord You continue to show me and teach me amazing things every day. Thank You for loving me and showing me Your amazing patience with me. I am Yours Lord, forever more, because of Your son Jesus and its in His name I pray,
Amen

No comments: