Friday, October 17, 2008

It has been an interesting day today. I have had a few sit downs with some close peeps today. One young person had a lot on their plate and needed to talk through some things. I am happy about that and hope I gave some direction and comfort. She is still on the fence about God -we have talked a little about it and I am praying that the practical love of Jesus is shining in almost everything I am doing so that she may notice Him.....
I had a great dinner last night with one of my new close buds. It was so great - time flew by and we did not even notice. I had 4 children come over to our table and one just walked up and hugged me. She told me her family was at church 2 weeks ago and the oldest daughter recognized me and begged her daddy to let them come over and say hi. I asked her name and made sure she knew about our awesome service this Sunday on the land. Their dad came over and we shook hangs and welcomed him and shared the church service info for this coming Sunday. It was a great moment.... it is weird being called a Sunday school Pastor .... I am not sure how I feel about the title... I am just doing what God has given to me and enjoying it like I don't even have words for. Both my new bud and I sat there afterwards with our jaw dropped in what God is doing in my life and in his. It was a great evening.........

Carol, Kyle and I are headed to the cabin tonight until tomorrow. We wont be able to get back up there for a few weeks. We have the place rented out to some of our friends - I pray God gives them the peace that we do when we run there on weekends and experience. No matter how long the stay is ... it is worth that morning cup of coffee on the porch in the quiet fresh mountain air. Peaceful ~~~~ A time to pause life for awhile~~~~ A little piece of heaven for sure.......

I have not heard from my friend concerning her tests ... I am at peace with it after a few tough days but God is giving me direction and calming my nerves. Its all in His hands anyways and I am praying that He will guide me what I need to do and make everything right with her and her family. I love this family dearly .... continue prayers for them please....

Church Sunday - on the land - under the big tent..... I can't bleeping wait.... Rock Group movie night Sunday night .... can't wait for that too~ Can't wait to see my Rock Family....

Life is good ..... New Kenny Chesney on ITunes...... Its time to roll out of here.

Peace loved ones,
Lon~

No comments: