Thursday, June 5, 2008

School Lunches....

Well - today was my last school lunch of the year. Sad in many ways but relieved in one way. Today Carol and Kyle went with me to visit this class. Lots of kids saying hello as they always do in the hallways as we waited for the class to come down. Most of the kids in the class had quiet lunch, which means they were not all that good today. That makes me sad that our last lunch we did not get to talk or sit with them. Lots of pouting faces but - Hey if your going to be bad - well you deserve to get into trouble and then pay the penalty. Anyways, I got a chance to say "Thanks" to the teacher for allowing me to come into her class every week this year and get to know her students. 4 kids from this class are in Sunday school and they will be moving up in 2 weeks to project 252 which is our youth ministry and Travis and the leaders there will be getting some great kids! I do have to say though - that I am tired. I am looking forward to some "Me" time at lunch - having Kyle and some of his friends at work on some occasions. I am looking forward to getting over to work out again ... I have put all this on hold for "MyKids". It has been a great year.......
Tomorrow - I have 1 party left to go to. A girl that I have had lunch with every week for almost the entire year has invited me to come to her classroom for her end of year party and its also her birthday. She is a special child and I am honored that she asked me and that the teacher asked me to come. I am really looking forward to it.......
Well - have to get my second wind - Talent show tonight at Kyles school - these kids have been preparing and practicing for weeks on their skit. Carol, Kyle and I will be serving refreshments to all the performers.... it should be fun....so I better get that second wind quick!
I think between the heat, thoughts of the school year ending and saying good bye to lots of good kids...... I am pretty worn out.
Headed to the cabin tomorrow for overnight and a little chance to get some breathing room.... looking forward to it and needing it even more..... my entire family is in need of some rest.

Lonnie~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to say that I am one Mom that is very thankful to you for the time you take out of your life for these kids - My kids had the honor of you presence for several lunches this year, and not only was it wonderful for them, but as a single Mom-I dont always have the luxury in my work schedule to just stop by and let them know their special, and being without a Dad your visits were even more special--- Uncle Lonnie you and your family take a wonderful summer break and enjoy all that life has in store for you guys --You and Carol and Kyle are the best!!...love The Davis Girls

Steph said...

I hope you have a great time at the cabin recharging your batteries! You all deserve the rest. Have a safe trip.