Monday, June 16, 2008

A new week.....

Well, its the start of a new week today. I hope everyone had a great fathers day. Mine was low key - I decided to skip on serving at church and go to church as a family because that was needed after the weeks events. Saturday I mustered to get the schedule out and honestly - that was hard enough. Church was good even though it was kind of weird not being there early and serving - seeing everyone and being with the K-5 ministry but I am just spent. Last night after weeks of inviting folks to come to fathers day at the ball park - only 2 families came and I was thankful for them. We got to see some great baseball and got a chance after the game to run the bases with our kids. My dad came and also spent the night so that was good seeing him on Fathers day. The past few months he has really made some progress on inventing "HimSelf" again because so much of him was lost when mom passed. I know in many ways, Bob will also be doing the same thing. I am praying hard for Bob and Kaity and just feel like our place right now is with them. I am glad we will see them this coming weekend for the week - while cleaning out Carol and Bobs dads house in Tupper Lake NY. It was meant to be a vacation with our families together - our last time probably in that house with so many good memories but things have changed with Denise not going to be there. BUT, we will make the best of it and really try and have some fun while working. I do think with all that is going on that I don't want this summer to pass by and us not actually having a vacation or some time away. Carol and I are both stressed by folks serving at church being gone and out particular sundays and those empty slots still have to be filled by someone and that usually falls on us.
I was hesitant to come to work today being that I am just not ready to talk to people about things. Our secretary came down this morning and shut the door on me and sai. "Lonnie, you and your family have been through a lot and if you are not ready to talk to people just yet , you keep this door closed and you ease into things - you will know when its time." - She gave me that advise when my mom passed and I remember it as clear as anything ... good advise and I love her for it. I came back in from lunch today and there was a card on my desk signed by lots of folks and a gift card in there to get a couple meals. That means so much and had me in tears. Funny thing is - the card is for a place to eat where I couldn't send the card to Bob and Kaity because there is no place there - they knew I would pass it along because that is the kind of person I am.
After a few days just trying to get my thoughts together - I really reflected this morning on Pastor Jimm's LifeTalk yesterday at church. Our One Prayer series has started and I have missed the first week - but week 2 was pretty awesome. Lord, Make us Dangerous was the title.
I went to Luke this morning and I will blog what I read in a little bit. Dont want to make this entry too long.
Tonight Kyle has VBS with his friends Danielle and David. Kyle really like Danielle and I am glad because they are good kids and have a great family. I have said this a few times this week while dealing with Kaity - "We are only as good as our friends are". So when we have friends who raise us up, bring us to new levels - those are the friends to really spend time with - BUT - we also can have friends who do just the opposite..... they can bring us down to new levels.
Carol and I are going to the Madisons swim meet tonight - 2 great families we just love and it has come at just the right time when we need it most.

A new week and a new level of understanding.... praise God for His love for us.
Lonnie~

No comments: