Saturday, June 28, 2008

Almost there....

Wow - what a week. I have never wanted to get home so badly. I got in last night with the big rental truck in time to get the dogs who spent the week at the kennel. They have been asleep since! Carol and Kyle left Tupper Lake NY yesterday morning to go to Albany NY to catch their flight - delayed - finally get to Newark NJ for their connection flight - had to go to a different terminal so had to redo security and take the tram to the other side of the airport. They arrive with 5 minutes to spare. Board plane and then taxi out to the runway. 5 hours later they still sit. They said a computer went down that took care of all air travel heading south so they couldn't fly. They get off the plane and are scheduled for an evening flight tonight. Continued prayers - they are calling for heavy thunderstorms in the Charlotte NC area tonight. They stayed with Carols friend Karen last night so I hope they got to unwind a little and make the most of it.

This past week was a hard week. It took 40 years to put stuff in Walts house and 4 - 12 hour days bustin hump to clean it all out. Our big highlights of the week - 5 dump runs with a pickup truck - our heaviest load of 850 pounds, refridgerators are heavy -it stayed in the basement, people are reluctant to take anything- we threw out way too much good stuff, we found a box of pictures and spent a few evenings making photo albums for folks and Bob and Kaity spending 5 hours on the deck getting eaten by every Adirondeck bug! After 12 hours of traveling from Charlotte NC to Tupper Lake NY - we finally broke out a basement window and sent Kyle in to unlock the doors. It was great getting to see Jenn and her son Owen - it was great seeing Debbie, Bobs first wife and he daughter Valerie ... It was great seeing Brent, Debs husband who let us borrow his truck - and as always it was great seeing Aunt Violet.

Wed evening I got my chance to talk with Katie. I had some good things to share with her and some things that were really heavy on my heart. I did my best to plant a seed and will continue to pray hard for her and for Bob. A lot of mending took place last week and for that - I am grateful. Proud of you Bob!

Well, I will keep everyone posted on Carol and Kyle ~ Time to get the truck unloaded and get motivated. 93 today and glad about that..... I am home and missing my family- Carol and Kyle, My Rock Group and our church family. Looking forward to church tomorrow ......

Psalm 23
1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters,
3 he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.


Love you all and I pray that we all have our eyes on the Lord today.
Lonnie~

1 comment:

Sharon Davis said...

So glad you are home, missed hearing from you and hopefully, Carol & Kyle are home by now. I know you need rest at this time.

I know you found some pictures that Walt had. If you have any of "Sis", your momma, can you let me borrow those and scan them? I will return them to you. I promise. I treasure pictures of her and "grab" all I can.

love you,
Aunt Sharon