Friday, June 6, 2008

One Prayer......

Lord there never seems to be a dull moment in life. Thousands of people all across the world are coming together this weekend in prayer Lord. A unity in Your church of all the people and leaders across the globe - How cool is this? I pray for these prayers Lord - for the leaders of our churches and the people who who attend them. I pray for life change and for Your word to reach places and hearts that have not been touched by Your love and grace. We are a broken people Lord and I pray for this unity and a chance to claim Your name to all the world that You are who You said You are ..... You are Lord and we thank You for Your message and for You son Jesus.
Today finds a family member, Denise, who is struggling today because of a stroke Lord. She does not know You and I pray that You pull her close to You today. I pray You pull her up into Your lap Lord and comfort her. Let her know You like she has never known You before. Let her know You are taking care of her and that You love her regardless of what she has done and has been through in life. I pray today Lord that You heal her body, comfort Bobby and their daughter Kaity. I pray You give them all a peace and understanding that everything is going to be ok and that You have complete control. Denise is a great person, she has struggles in life like everyone else plus some. She is a good mother and such a kind and gentle loving woman. I pray she comes to know You through this season in her life Lord. I pray that You shine for this family who needs a miracle and above all else - needs to know You.
Lord I pray for my dads test today at the doctors. I pray they find nothing wrong but we do know there is something wrong and for that reason Lord I pray that You touch one of his many doctors who will have a clue to what test to run - who will have a clue to what to do next to find out what is wrong. Lord I pray for those gifted doctors who are with Denise and my dad today and may they be the best that the hospitals have to offer. Give them the insight and wisdom Lord. I also pray for the doctors who are working with my buddy Joe B. He has had some road to walk down Lord and I know Joe B is in Your hands. I pray You are pulling his family close to You at this time as well. Lord I continue to pray for little Adam Tanksley and his family. I continue to wear my blue wrist band in support of him. He is just a child and I know You are using little Adam in amazing ways Lord so that Your love and mercy will be felt by all the folks around him. I pray You heal his little body Lord, comfort his family and extended family and Lord I pray that Adam will be one of those miracle stories we so are in need to hear about today.
Lord I also want to thank You for the school year - for all of "MyKids" this year and for their families. Lord I invested a lot into these families and into these children - I pray that every second and every thought and every tear was for Your honor and glory - may I take no credit for anything Lord, it was all for You as I was doing what You placed on my heart to do for these kids. Lord I ask that You give them a great summer, a safe summer and that You bring them back next year. I pray for those new "MyKids" that I will be sharing my life with next year. I pray for the kids who I have only begun to make contact with Lord. I pray those relationships continue to grow and I continue to have them on my heart. Lord You know my heart and how much the people in my life I am doing life with mean to me. I thank You for each one of them, for my family, my church, Pastor Jimmy and his staff and their families, I thank You for the volunteers in every ministry at church, I thank You for my Rock Group family and all "MyKids" and for our Rock Group extended family as we reach out into the community this summer and into our church family...... May Your blessings rain down on us today. One Prayer - One You.
I pray all this in Your sons most awesome name in Jesus,
Amen

No comments: