Sunday, February 10, 2008

A Whirlwind....

It has been a few days since I last had a post ... it has been pretty busy the last few days. Friday my uncle had a heart attack and passed away - 43 years old. The family is doing well and I spent the day in Mt Airy NC yesterday attending the family wake and the wake last night. I am thankful for my trip being safe and no traffic. Going to - accident had 85 closed and down to one lane in the other direction and last night coming home - an accident closed 77 - the cars even turned their lights off as they SAT on the highway - stuck with no where to go. I am thankful for not being stuck for many hours on the road. I was pretty tired last night coming home - I even rolled the window down a few times to get some cold air on me to wake me up.

One of the things that I have come to know about hard times and I mean some really hard things are taking place in my life right now - in my families life - is that by serving God during those times at church - serving those around us and continuing to smil, be positive, and to love those around us has such comfort for me. God seems to pull me closer to Him when I am hurting and focused on Him during these struggles and hard things. We all have to pull God closer and into the center when we need Him the most in our lives and not push Him away, maybe thinking we can get whatever it is we are struggling with figured out or maybe to come up with a plan ourselves. Let me tell you, Gods plan is much better than any plan we could come up with.
Once again hearing a childs laugh, spending some time in the schools with one of "my kids", going in early to setup for church and be with those who love God and are serving also - for many who come over and give me or my family a hug letting us know they are praying for us..... there is nothing better. Nothing better than being at the funeral home 100 miles away and see a flower arrangement come in from my Rock Group - man that just lifts me up like no other!

So even during these hard times - there is MUCH to be thankful for. I am missing my Rock Group tonight - the folks we are doing life with and seeing smiling faces, telling "my kids" I love them - its all special - but I do plan on relaxing for a few hours tonight and just chillin.

May the Lord fill that loneliness in your heart with the one thing you need most. HIM

Love you all,
Lonnie

No comments: