Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Wednesday ~

I think things are catching up to me. I am feeling puny today and not worth much as is. I am still at work though because my parents have instilled in me some work toughness. Crazy I know but I don't have time right now to slow down any with all that is going on.

1 Timothy 4:8-10 NLT
Where is the focus of your life?
"Physical exercise has some value, but spiritual exercise is much more important, for it promises a reward in both this life and the next. This is true, and everyone should accept it. We work hard and suffer much in order that people will believe the truth, for our hope is in the living God, who is the Savior of all people, and particularly of those who believe.


In many ways I do feel like my family and I are suffering becasue of so many are choosing to ignore the truth. My hope is that all will be saved and come to know Jesus - to experience his grace and love in this life but many continue to walk down a path of destruction. I took some time today at lunch and read my bible looking for the verse that would be the one I would use if that opportunity comes to talk with Walt about God and his salvation. I know his views are strong and his stance is firm but why does sharing what God has done for me and what He has done for my family have to be so hard? Why is it that we can't just skip right to the point and blast it out there - each person is different. One might be a book scholar and have so much in memory - that person can quote to bible verse to this and that but NEVER have anyone they know come to know Jesus. Others, don't know scripture or that perfect Bible passage for certain situation or struggles but they show the "Love of Jesus" and they are the fruit that Jesus talks about in the New Testament. They have lots of folks around them come to know Jesus not by what they know and how smart they are but how they treat others, what they say and do and what they stand for. Living their lives by example - Jesus's example.

We all have a personal ministry to bring other to know Christ. I think many times I am falling short and wonder why am I investing so much time into people that are just so hard hearted that they may never come to know Jesus now matter what trials or struggles they have in their lives or how much folks pray for them. Some are just ripe for the picking and ready to hear Gods word and then "BLAM" - off they are totally committed and in head over heals.
I want my life to reflect what God has done for me, for saving me and or me to show others this life change. I think sometimes family members are the hardest because we know each others baggage, we know each other hangups and struggles - but then again it should be easier right? There is nothing better than bringing someone you love into Gods family. We can rejoice for all of eternity!
Tomorrow I will share the passage that God woke me up with the other morning - this has been heavy on my heart the last few days - especially since Walt has been at his lowest point this past weekend during his entire battle with his illness. I look back at my mom and see the fight she had in her and wonder where in the world did all that fight come from?? - from such a small framed woman! I think their fight is given to them so that God can either give them more time or give someone around them the chance to see Him and experience Him~ for Him to show them something important. Pain is a good avenue that God uses and if you are not seeking the good and proper things in this life - loved ones your pain will increase. Priorities on God and your family should come above all else.

What can I do for you today? - How can I help make the situation better? and - I will do this....or that and be a part of the solution.

WHAT - HOW and I - some important words to live by. If you are not, just keep your head in the sand because you are drowning following this life chasing everything that is revolved around you being happy and everything about being YOU.

Happiness is found through serving others and serving our Lord. Everything else is foolishness. How much foolishness do we have in the world today? TOO MUCH~

Someone asked me the other day - "How come you dont know any of these Hollywood people?" - like this actress or that actor or this person in that movie - or the latest on Brittany Spears - its because its all about them! Its all about what they are all about..... I am just no where close to even being like that at all ........ Imagine what they could do for God and His kingdom if Hollywood had some folks serving Him instead of the buck, the fans, or status!
Randy

No comments: