Sunday, February 24, 2008

We are never to young or too old ....

What an emotional church service we had today! I did not get into church this morning to serve - Carol, Bob and I sat up till 2AM or so talking about the last 48 hours and the events leading up to Walt being saved - his long illness and some good memories in life... it was a much needed time to bring some closure to all that is going on here. Friday night after Walt accepted Jesus, we gave him permission to go - to say hello to my mom and Carols mom - we talked about heaven and just hours of intense uplifting stuff taking place - Looking back - it was the crash course- Heaven 101 but instead of a lifetime or a semester at the college level, it was the fastest and quickest hour ever!!!

A few months ago I shared with my Rock Group kids that they are not too young to serve God. That even at their age, God has a plan of service for Him. He can have them leading their lives for Jesus now - example in their school and praying at lunch time - they can be a good example by being a good Christian friend to their friends, inviting their friends @school to church .... there is much that they can do. Walt struggled for 73 years on this decision - and it took a 10 year old to pray with Walt to lead him to Jesus. Like Pastor Jimmy told us, it was probably many many things that brought Walt to that moment but it was my son Kyle who lead him. It is a moment I will never forget and a moment that I know Kyle will never forget.

Loved ones, encourage your children, encourage the young ones you have influence with and let them know they can do big things for Jesus - Sometimes, even more so than us adults. Our kids have a great understanding of things and they put things into a simple little voice so they can understand it. Jesus spoke to folks in simple terms so that we can understand it - that is why He spoke in Parables ..... life lessons and examples.

Luke 18:
The Little Children and Jesus
15People were also bringing babies to Jesus to have him touch them. When the disciples saw this, they rebuked them. 16But Jesus called the children to him and said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. 17I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."

I am so blessed to have so many children and young adults in my life - I love them all and I look forward to serving them, praying with them, encouraging them, and honoring them in everything I do. "My Kids" ~ but they are Christ's kids before mine :)

love you all,
Lonnie~

No comments: