Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The day that drags on ...

just q quick update to everyone on what has been happening here in the household. Walt is still with us but is unresponsive - has been since Saturday. I am just not sure why he is holding on - I keep thinking that the Lord has something to show us through all this. There is something to learn here and it may be well after all this over that we learn what that is. Everything happens for a reason and I know deep in my heart that there is something to learn here.
I keep telling myself that this is Walts story - not mine. It doesn't matter how hard this is or how much pain that Carol, Kyle and I are walking in right now - and Carol's brother Bob and his family because they too have now experienced it as this drags on. But this is Walt's story and his ending. I am thankful that his end is just a passover to the next beginning with Walt accepting Jesus last friday night. I am thankful this is not as hard as it could be if Walt had not given his heart to the Lord.
Last night our extended families from our Rock group got Kyle after school and took him to the Build a Bear place at the mall. There is a family that we know through a dear family that has a little boy who is in the hospital taking chemo this week. This family has 3 children, 6,3, and 1. We built the bears for the kids and hopefully they will enjoy them half as much as "My Kids" enjoyed making them. They knew why they were making them and that is part of the lesson. Later this week the rest of our extended families in our Rock Group will build some more for other children that our friend knows in the hospital.

Life is all about those train tracks with 2 rails .... one for good in our lives and one for the tough things in life. Last night I got a chance to sit with Walt and pray with him. I read Romans 8 to him last night ~ Carol got some MUCH needed sleep and for that I am very thankful. Thanks to everyone for their calls, emails, suppers each night - my waste is busting my belt now!

Continued prayers~
Lonnie~

No comments: