Monday, February 18, 2008

Not just another day ...

I have to be honest - I am struggling today. I know I did not hide it too well this afternoon when I went home for lunch and my dad, Aunt Sharon and Uncle Buster where there visiting with Walt. His Hospice nurse was in with him and just changed some bandages and cleaned him up some. She had some reassuring things to say and they are just a top notch company all the way through. But I want to talk today about God being quiet. I know God is there and is walking with us during this time. I know that He is in control and all this has meaning and purpose - not only for our lives and all those around us during this but also for Walt. I almost feel like I am in a fog - maybe its the fact that later this week is that day of passing for my mom 2 years ago. I try and tell my dad to not think of that day like that but I find myself thinking about it and not even taking my own advise. I mean what is my advise anyways? I do know that even during this time as God is quiet - I am focusing on Him and doing my best to lead, to encourage and stay engaged with what is important to me - my family, my church family, my Rock Group and "My Kids" - I know Walts salvation is not done with until God says it is. I know that at some point, that special moment will just happen. I know that God is watching me right now and looking to see if I have grown any, if I have spread my faith wings out any further, if I am capable of loving unconditionally no matter what.
I am sorry to my dad, Aunt Sharon and Uncle Buster for not hiding my heart better today when I came home at lunch time. I am thankful for them and their visit with Walt. I do know they love him bigtime. I am thankful for the many meals being sent to our house, the emails, phone calls and hugs from so many people. Carol and I are thankful for Kyle's school and the PTA ladies, Kyle's teacher and his new teacher that is taking personal time to talk with Kyle once again concerning grief and the passing of a loved one. I am thankful for a Pastor who emails Kyle back after Kyle sent him an email last week concerning his grandpa and not know Jesus. My son Kyle is an amazing little man - 10 years old having lost both grandma's, standing by his grandpa's side and helping him now. He is amazing and I know God has big plans for his life and to use him for His kingdom. I am excited to see how God uses him. He has such clear understanding of so many things and is mature beyond his 10 year old frame. I think about that and it becomes clear that my son Kyle, has a better understanding of all this than I do.
Let me share that thought -
Trusting God means that we look beyond what we see and seeing what God sees.

Thanks Kyle - I love you more than I have words for buddy. If I am proud of you, imagine how God feels. Big smiles.....
Daddy

No comments: