Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Walk...

Life is a journey. This journey takes us on a life long path with many twists, hills and even pit falls along the way. Choices come and go and some are easy and some are not. As I think back to my start in this blogging world and sharing my heart along the way - it has been a journey and not one that has been rushed at all. Yes there have been many great incredible moments that God has shown up in my life or in someones life around me and it is life changing, inspiring in many ways to keep writing and jotting down these little things that I am learning. Its my walk...

Its not rushed, its not wavered far from the direction that God has me on and it has been amazing and fun too. Even if my walk is not the same as yours or is really different - we all come to know the Lord in our own special way. Your journey is yours and mine is mine. People come into our lives for a season of time and they leave for whatever reason but they are there for a purpose but regardless, they are there in that walk with us for that time frame.
If you look up the word "Walk" in the Bible - its almost everywhere. See Jesus was never rushed. He had a mission, a plan, he knew along the way who he was going to touch, who he was going to rebuke, who he was going to save. He stopped along the side of the road, went in what others thought was crazy and farther to get to a certain place - he had a plan and a mission already set forth. His sandals got to see many miles along the roads, his eyes got to see many lives changed, his heart got to touch the lives of so many who needed grace and a love that only could come from him. His walk was blameless and his walk was only his to walk. Nobody else could do it for him. We needed his walk. We need his walk then and we need it today.
Let dig a little into this important word:
Proverbs 19:1- Better the poor whose walk is blameless than a fool whose lips are perverse.
Isaiah 2:3 - Many peoples will come and say, Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the temple of the God if Jacob. He will teach us his ways, so that we may walk in his paths.
Isaiah 26:8 - Yes, Lord, Walking in the way of your laws, we wait for you; your name and renown are the desire of our hearts.
Isaiah - 30:21 - Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you saying, This is the way; walk in it.
Matthew 14:29 Come, He said. Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus.
John 11:9 - Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours of daylight? Anyone who walks in the daytime will not stumble, for they see by this world's light.
John 12:35 - Then Jesus told them, You are going to have the light just a little while longer. Walk while you have the light, before darkness overtakes you. Whoever walks in the dark does not know where they are going.
Colossians 3:7 - You used to walk in these ways, in the life you once lived.
3 John 1:4 - I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.


These are just some of the examples I pulled out today and each of them is an amazing example of the journey ahead. A non rushed journey, a path which required watching where you are going making sure not to stumble in anyway. Its a journey that requires others to help you. Its a walk that is personal and develops over time. Its a faith walk that requires all the right ingredients over time to have lasting fruit.
I am thankful for "mywalk" - the journey that is saving the best for last because that is what its all about. Its not about walking with Christ and never having another issue to struggle over or pain is not in your life any more. Its a work in progress and be thankful for that. As you mature and deepen your walk - God will faithfully open doors, teach you things are you are ready for them. If it was a race, a big rush to get to the end - if you knew the ending of the story before you experienced the process of the story - you would fall away. You would run in fear. You would never get started.
So the process of "thewalk", loved ones is putting one faith step in front of the other. Over time you have a journey behind you that God has taken you on and without that walk being one faith step in front of the others - you would have never went anywhere.
Faith is believing when we dont understand. I dont understand a lot of things but I am grateful for the process. I am grateful for the people in my life. I am grateful for the church that Jesus gave his life to. I am grateful that I was important enough to save. I am grateful enough that I am worth this long process in "mywalk" and that Jesus has not given up on me.
I am grateful that this life, mine is mostly insignificant in the big picture but living it with significance.
Never lose the story in your life loved ones or the beauty that is in it. Our lives, our walk is the beauty that the world needs because there is beauty in the Gospel and the world needs it. Walk you walk today and live with beauty thats all in it.
Thats my challenge for you today. Feeling it or not - Walk it :)
Lonnie~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, you have no idea who I am, but I just wanted to say thank you for posting this. I was just clicking through random blogs on here, not knowing what to write myself for the words wouldn't come. I think God just really wanted to remind me of what you wrote, I really needed to hear that. So keep writing, you never know who will stumble upon it. Blessings!