Thursday, August 25, 2011

It has been busy the last few days. Making some time to write has been difficult but I really wanted to take a few moments inbetween things and share. Today being the first day of school for the students here in the Charlotte NC area - I got up early and began my prayer chain out to them and asking God to make an impact in their day and school year. I got a lot of text messages back and in those moments knowing that those prayers, those heartfelt words were going out - it does a heart right knowing that it made a small difference this morning in the lives of some scared, nervous, and excited students. It may have been exactly what they needed to hear instead of the hustle and bustle of a new routine in the mornings and we all know how that can go. Im thankful for all the messages back and I am really praying that this new beginning will truly be a new beginning for those who need it. Some moving to new schools because of the lines drawn by the county, new schools because of a 8th grader moving on to high school or maybe even a new student moving into the area. All the same I am really praying that the vision be that this be their new mission field for the year. There are some fired up students out there on fire for Jesus and I am praying for their contagiousness. I pray for their actions, words, and their kindness to stand out amongst the crowd - all a good way that people notice something different about them. Thats a great thing to have!
I have been reading a new book the last few days by Chris Tomlin "The way I was made". If you know anything about church you probably sing some of the songs that Chris Tomlin has wrote. His worship songs come from the heart and its an amazing level in terms of the thousands of churches that use his worship music today, all the people who listen to his music on a regular basis. Its amazing how much people connect to his music. In his book he speaks about our lives being that of worship.
Imagine that! A life of a normal person going about normal life honoring and worshipping God in the music of their song in life. We all have our own unique tune we play our life music to. I love that and he speaks about leading worship in front of thousands of people and how he gets ready for those amazing experiences. How he sets his heart right and his act of worship on stage is very much the same as those in the audience. Its worshipping and when the Spirit is present in that place - amazing things happen. So much of his music comes from the book of Psalms where David sang and danced out to God. Imagine going through life like that -singing and dancing as though nobody is looking. NObody is looking but they are - but you dont care because its not about them. Its about singing your tune to God. Thats worshipping your life as you live it for God.
I love the verse that came to me this morning as I prayed for all the students, the teachers that are there that we are trusting our children with and how hard their job is.
Psalm 29:11 comes to mind.
God makes his people strong. God gives his people peace.

A new year started today for many. A new beginning is starting for me and my family as well.
Psalm 37:4 delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.
I am focused the last few days on the beginning of that last Psalm. Delight in the Lord - dont we all sometimes miss that part? I am so excited for the paths ahead with this new beginning in life. New school year, new semester, new faces to get to know, new hearts to love, a new church to plug into and love ... gosh it really is amazing.
On another note:
Something new - I took Kyle and Morgan on Tuesday out for her birthday. 14 years old! After a quick bite to eat, I took the kids to the gun range. Yes I said that correctly. We have talked together about that for over 6 months and it was time to make that happen. Tuesday I took the time and we did just that. Baretta .25 with 3 boxes of ammo - shots fired and targets hit. Smiles came and hands shook but it was fun. AND nobody got hurt :) I asked Morgan what was the best part of her birthday. She said going to the mall...I said I am about to top that in a big way! Her hands were still shaking an hour later :)

Lonnie~



No comments: