Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Last week was tough. Yesterday was brutal.

Being honest.

I will say that I was pretty down most of the day yesterday thinking about some of the things that have happened in the last week. Feelings all over the place but I wont address those places at this time because I am taking the high road and not letting gossip take over.
Last night after the gym my spirits were raised a bit because I had one of those angry workouts and I got some frustration out. Thats always a good thing... I did notice yesterday that I have been lacking something for the past week.
Inspiration

I mean when something happens to someone its easy to fall into a down state. A depression so to speak - for some that may happen even without something bad happening and just a persons thoughts can drag a person down. We have so many people on medication for the slightest of mood swings - even with dips and I know that depression is part of my family and it concerns me at times. I will say that I am mostly an upbeat person who always tries to find the good in everything. Last night I was meeting with some new folks and the pastor there was speaking and lead us in a pretty awesome and powerful prayer and he spoke about how we talk to people, how we pray and in general our outlook in life - He said that we should always end on a high note. When we pray, end our prayers to God on a high positive note. When we speak to people, end the conversation on a high note. In our lives, live your life concentrating on the high notes.
It really hit me. He said, "Blessings often come on the other side of adversity, push through today, you're breakthrough is right around the corner!" "Its darker in the moments right before the light."
Those words hit me on the head like the bolt of lightening flashing across the sky here last night. It was a great light show in the sky and those words did the damage.
I am inspired today and inspiration is exactly what I needed.

Inspiration - an inspiring or animating action or influence. Stimulation or arousal of the mind, feelings or creativity.

The Bible is Gods inspiring word. The people who wrote the Bible were inspired by God to record his words and commands. All of us need inspiration in our lives. We all could use a jolt of it to put us back on track and in a positive path.

In 1 Thessalonians, Paul, Silas and Timothy start the scripture off with "thanks" to the people there for their faith. It inspired me today to not focus on what has happened, for the folks who will be a part of my life but to be thankful for those who are and will continue to do so. Its a perfect reminder to be thankful for the journey and not the destination. Its all part of the story God is molding us to be.
1 Thessalonians 1:
We always thank God for all of you and continually mention you in our prayers. We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ. For we know, brothers and sisters loved by God, that he has chosen you, because our gospel came to you not simply with words but also with power, with the Holy Spirit and deep conviction. You know how we lived among you for your sake. You became imitators of us and of the Lord, for you welcomed the message in the midst of severe suffering with the joy given by the Holy Spirit. And so you became a model to all the believers........

I think about Bethany Hamilton today from the true story Soul Surfer. I think about how her faith was being tested as the shark took her arm and her way of life. Surfing was everything to her. It was her future, he way, her income, her fame. It defined her as a person. On a mission trip she discovered the joy and beauty to surfing and the real love she had for it. She honored God in her faith by never giving up hope, never giving up trust even when she didnt understand. See inspiration works like a light. Turn it on, and it shines on everything around it. It brightens things up and inspires people to do more and be more.
Matthew 5:16 - In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

Our life story for Gods purposes should be an inspiration to others. There is a quote from Albert Schweitzer that reads:
"Sometimes our light goes out but is blown into flame by another human being. Each of us owes deepest thanks to those who have rekindled this light."

Im blessed today looking around my office here at work with all the little notes, words of encouragement, testimonies from students have given their lives to Jesus and they are saying thanks! Smiles on the faces and a reminder that inspiration can move us further in our walk with Christ if we have the people in our lives to keep us moving forward.

Love Loud ~ Risk Often ~ Hope Always

Lonnie~

No comments: