Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Weather is just one of those topics that always seems to fit with whom ever you are talking with. You know the deal, meet someone for the firs time or in an awkward circle of people and the weather is for sure a common ground and safe topic to talk about. Some topics are not so on the table. I can remember my father n law always saying - I wont discuss politics and religion with people I don't know very well. He played it safe - mostly because people with those rules of having topics that are off limits is that their point of view will be heard and in many cases trumped over anyone elses views.
I wont start to talk about the weather, even though I am a weather nut but I am a bigger nut for Jesus. Thats a good place to be for many reasons.
Today I am in Romans 15 - this is from some extra time spent this morning in my quiet time this morning after getting up early and a change of driving plans. I am thankful for the time though as I got to sit and relax. Had some breakfast with Carol who made something special for Kyle and the guys here at work to begin EOG week. She has done that for the past several years and the house smelled of bacon even this morning YUMMO! I also had a chance to text and call a few students to pray with them for their day ahead. It was such a nice start in prayer with them and a few were caught by surpise and I am sure those prayers sunk a little deeper in their hearts this morning. I love when God presses me to do things like that with reaching out in kind and loving ways. This brings me to Romans 15 today. Hope is speaks to you like it did to me this morning.
Romans 15:
1We who are strong ought to bear with the failings of the weak and not to please ourselves. 2Each of us should please his neighbor for his good, to build him up. 3For even Christ did not please himself but, as it is written: "The insults of those who insult you have fallen on me."[a] 4For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.
5May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus, 6so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
7Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God.


I pray that everything you do today, lifts someone's spirit, glorifies God, have done your best at whatever it is you have set out to do and did all this all out of your love for Christ. Weather conversation is fine for some ... but sooner or later our conversations have to have more meat to them. No more surface level stuff loved ones.... sometimes we have to move past those things and into the things that matter. Don't like the weather, wait a little while and it will change. Gods grace and love never changes and we must always be ready to shine for it - to some - you may be the only Jesus they have today, this week, this month, this year or even in their lives.
Lonnie~

No comments: