Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mothers Day~

Just wanting to wish everyone a happy mothers days today. I have been pretty good leading up to this day. This is a day that is very different than years past in my house. With Carol and I, and Kate not having a mom with us - it for sure takes on a different feeling. Last Friday God placed it on my heart to share flowers with the students in the Flood at Rocky River Church. So yesterday, I stopped and got a big bunch of them knowing that there are some with the same piece of their heart missing as well. Its a bond and understanding that only we know and feel. It was awesome sharing some words with a few of the students - a few cried, I cried, hugged, and in turn I think we are a little closer. The left over flowers I gave a few to the students that were hanging around afterwards - some needing to talk, some not wanting to go home yet... whatever the reasons ... they got a few fresh cut flowers.
I am blessed mom because of you - your dedication to family and living your life as an example to those around you. You shared, you toughed things out, you remained faithful and loved all those around you.
Proud to be your son always ..... I left the students with this - This book, the bible, is not a collection of words wrapped between 2 covers .... with rules over your life. This is a book written as a love story bound in 2 covers where the words are alive and in 3D.
Prayers for my brother Craig today and for his family and my dad as they try and figure out what is going on with him.
Miss you mom..... love you always. I'll see you when I get there but until then, I will shine.....

Lon~

No comments: