Thursday, May 27, 2010

A Heavenly Birthday - May 26, 2010


























A heavenly birthday - May 26, 2010. I love this service at church. It is such an amazing thing to come together with other church family, praise and worship time, a meal, a message and then a birthday as the old person is washed away and a new person comes up out of the water. Last night was just a blast for sure. I love the picture Carol took of us all sitting together. She called it my fan club with all my kids sitting around me but I just have to give God the glory in all that my heart is for these kids. Sure there are plenty more of them but its Gods fan club with these students because its not about me at all. Barbara and Tony were baptised last night along side their daughter Madison and the rest of their family (us). It was such a special thing for them to do this and it shows that their walk with Christ is personal and serious. So proud of them. Emilee was our surprise last night. During the music and Pastor Jimmy's message, Emilee leaned over and told me she felt like she needed to be baptised. I spoke a few words with her and I could tell God was working on her heart. She just looked suddenly different and you could tell her mind was racing as God was pressing in on her. Whispering in her ear - "Follow Me Emilee"
At the end of the service - Pastor Jimmy was about to close us in prayer and Emilee was upset that she missed her opportunity since everyone was done. I asked her if God was still leaning in her heart to do this. She said "Yes" - I grabbed her hand and said come with me - I lead her to the front and stopped Pastor Jimmy just before the closing prayer. Pastor Travis came down and baptised miss Emilee. It was such a wonderful thing to share. I have tears in my eyes now as I think about that powerful moment and all those loved ones that I can now call my "Brothers and Sisters". I have been walking pretty close with miss Emilee and the Beaver family. I am honored to do so and be allowed to invest and speak truth into each of them and their families.
Today is a day to praise God for ... Heaven is getting fuller because of the work that is being done here. Investing in people and showing them the practical love of Jesus changes lives.
On my way home last night I got to share a few moments with a student that I used to walk with pretty close but has made some choices in life that has her in some tough places and with not many friends. It was good to talk with her. It was good to invite her and help her feel welcome. The church needs to be that safe zone for people to come to that are hurting and need answers. We are that church loved ones.... Jesus gave his life for the church and gave us an example to live by. Its not a bunch of rules but a way of life.
Its time to live it..... and for those who have a new birthday today - can now live it with a smile and a heart that beats differently today.
I love what I do ..... and who I am becoming following Christ. Stick with me loved ones!! The best is yet to come.
Lonnie~

1 comment:

Gina Angeleque said...

Beautiful~ thank you Lonnie for all you do! You have a wonderful gift~ we love you so much and honored to be doin life with ya!