Wednesday, May 12, 2010

It has been a pretty busy day today. With many thoughts floating in my head and in my heart - its sometimes hard to put everything into words and then putting them out there for people to read. I have been pretty jacked up after our student ministry meeting on Monday night. There is a ton of stuff rolling in my head and after the meeting - I just knew I wouldn't be sleeping for a few days but I am here to say - I have been sleeping good. I have made a few changes. No coffee in the afternoons like before ... well every once in awhile is good but not mostly during the week. I am making a bigger attempt to hit the gym after work - ministry, students, phone calls, emails, facebook etc.. can wait an hour for me. Still having trouble with cutting the grass but thankful Carol has helped with that the last few weeks. Seems she has found my secret in grass cutting...back and forth - back and forth - nobody to yell at you, complain to you, need something ... just back and forth in your thoughts. Therapy.... dang my secret is out!

Anyways - I have really enjoyed the last 2 mornings. Reason being, I have spent a little extra in my quiet time and focusing on a few things and really trying to concentrate on some things. One thing for me this week is most of the middle school students have EOG's this week. I have prayed with every middle school student via text message that I have a listing for in my cell. I have had parents text me back - Thank You! - Students have thanked me, they have said "Mr. Lonnie I feel at peace now thank you!" "I will do my best". "That prayer meant so much to me and I really feel focused now". It has been a great few days sharing that. I look forward to having a ministry wide prayer text being sent out very shortly! That is making an impact for the kingdom, it keeps our students encouraged, focused on bigger things, grows us closer as we grow bigger and puts Gods name out front to start their day. I think that is a big victory!!
LOL is tonight and looking forward to hearing the heart of Pastor Travis. We will be in Colossians 3: tonight. McDonalds afterwards to share some smiles and a sweat tea. Doesn't sweat tea just make everything better? I think so ... heaven will have taps flowing I just know it.
I will share Colossians 3: I think it sums up where I am today.
Love ya'll~
Lonnie
Colossians 3:12Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
15Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.


.... God show us how to be thankful!

No comments: