Monday, May 3, 2010

MoNdAy, already. Enjoyed a great weekend at the cabin. Got the boat in the water on Saturday morning and that is always a great day! That means summer is here and with that comes some fun times ahead at the cabin on the lake. There is just so much that happens while spending time with folks in that little place. This past weekend was no different. Got to spend some time with someone new that has plugged in and very much enjoyed her company and smiles the last few days. As always, we all shared smiles together, smores in the fire pit, boating and laughing our faces off tubing, rock jumping at frog rock, and our long walks to the creek. Had a great conversation with mom last Saturday night looking up at the stars. It was good to really "speak" with her. There is not a day that goes by that I don't miss my mom - I think what made it special this time around was the heart place we are all at this time at the cabin. I do believe my heart is where it needs to be and that is something I pray for every day - especially with the trust that my family has with students - especially for me. That level of trust is so vital to be able to walk with people and have that kind of heart access. I am truly blessed to be where those relationships are. Without it ... I wouldn't be doing what I am doing in serving God and all those He has put in my life. Through Him, I can share my heart and provide an example of what He has done for me. Isn't that what its about? Sharing the love of Jesus to others by living and loving the people around us? If I had something so wonderful and so life changing and that I love so much --- how can I keep that a secret and keep it to myself?
We all have to make a decision in following Jesus or not. No matter the decision you make -You WILL make it. Our faith rests solely on our own 2 shoulders.
Trust is a must and something that once broken is really hard to re-establish and sometimes- never gets back to where it once was. Ask that to any parent of a teenager.
Trust is the centerpiece of being a Christian. If you are doing great at trusting God, then you are doing great in your faith. If you are not going great at trusting God, then you could use some encouragement in your faith.
I value so much the trust that I have with those around me. I continue to put that trust in Gods hands - especially when there are times where tough conversations take place and hearts are exposed. Without it - you can't move forward. I can't move forward. With out Trust in God - WE can't move forward. So today - on my heart is simple... if you are walking with me - I want to thank you for your trust but I hope that through that trust you will see and grow in your trust with Jesus. Its all about Him. Its why I do and do what I do. My heart breaks for so many and I value all the relationships because of my relationship through our heavenly father. Each of them are special - "Without a doubt - YOU are with me."
Psalm 25:
1 O Lord, I give my life to you. 2 I trust in you, my God! Do not let me be disgraced, or let my enemies rejoice in my defeat. 3 No one who trusts in you will ever be disgraced, but disgrace comes to those who try to deceive others.
4 Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. 5 Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you. 6 Remember, O Lord, your compassion and unfailing love, which you have shown from long ages past. 7 Do not remember the rebellious sins of my youth. Remember me in the light of your unfailing love, for you are merciful, O Lord.
8 The Lord is good and does what is right; he shows the proper path to those who go astray. 9 He leads the humble in doing right, teaching them his way. 10 The Lord leads with unfailing love and faithfulness all who keep his covenant and obey his demands.


Peace and blessings today~
Lon

No comments: