Sunday, March 1, 2009

It has been an awesome Sunday! Sleeping in till 8 this morning was awesome and waking up with my family on a Sunday morning was pretty cool. Church was good, with Pastor J preaching a great message on praying for others and Sunday school was good with a great bunch of kids. There is no other place I would rather be and when Pastor Jimmy was talking to the men of the church and how we are to be leading our families in the things of God but also the kids we are doing life with ... I couldn't help but to think about my Rock Group kids, the kids I have lunch with in the schools and all the kids that I love so much in Sunday school. I am responsible in many ways for all of these kids - I feel it in my heart and with everything I have for these kids.
Today, it has been one year since Walt passed. Carol and I were sitting and talking about it last night and how fast a year has went by. Loved ones, I am here to share with you that you have a bright light shining for the Lord. If you are praying for someone to know Jesus - don't give up. Let your light shine by the way you are living your life.... it shines brighter than you realize! Walt was an athiest for almost his entire life but the last 4 or 5 years - he really began asking questions about God. He got to see our passion for the ways of God by how we are serving Him, serving in church, leading at church and this Rock Group thing. There were many conversations that took place, some not so good but even in those hard conversatios - God was leading and working behind the scenes. Don't lose hope loved ones....... Walts last words on this earth was accepting Jesus....
We have snow here in Charlotte NC - lightening to go with it - that is 2 times now I have seen that in my life and that alone is very special! Miracles do happen!!...

Have Sunday evening everyone - enjoy the snow day tomorrow. Be safe.....
Love ya,
Lonnie~

No comments: