Tuesday, March 3, 2009

4 inches of snow

Charlotte is shut down and schools closed for the second day. I am enjoying a cup of coffee this morning as Kyle and Carol are still sleeping. I got up to get ready for work and we have a delayed opening until 10. Hey awesome .... I have enjoyed the change of pace. Much needed~ Yesterday playing in the snow like a 12 year old boy was really fun. Got to spend time yesterday with one of "MyKids" who I have not spent time with the last few weeks and one that I get to see almost every day :) -
Carol and I are really looking forward to Charleston this weekend. We are joining a bunch of folks on a marriage retreat hosted by our church. We have never been and looking forward to checking things out, eating some great food, getting a chance to get to know some other married folks and tightening up some others!

This morning from Luke 8:18 is what I am wanting to share...
Misers of What You Hear
16-18"No one lights a lamp and then covers it with a washtub or shoves it under the bed. No, you set it up on a lamp stand so those who enter the room can see their way. We're not keeping secrets; we're telling them. We're not hiding things; we're bringing everything out into the open. So be careful that you don't become misers of what you hear. Generosity begets generosity. Stinginess impoverishes."

Do you pray each day for an opportunity to share with others what God has given you? Do ask for someone to come to you with a need of prayer or someone to talk to? This is the part for me that has changed so much. I am still learning in those situations because God speaks the loudest in them. I am learning that when someone has a need or in need of prayer - take care of it then. Whatever God is placing on your heart - get it accomplished. It could be just something simple but you are putting action to your faith. Generosity is a zone that I just love being in. This often times is the missing ingredient that leads to living a life of significance for Jesus.
Have a great and productive Tuesday loved ones,
Lonnie~

No comments: