Monday, March 23, 2009

My drive in this morning ~

Monday ~ I have to say I do like Mondays but they for sure are not my most favorite days of the week. I am pretty worn out after a long day on Sunday. I had to apologize to one of "MyKids" yesterday for not spending that much time with her yesterday. I hate that but Sundays are the Bateman clans busiest day of the week.
I do have to say though - serving in Sunday school yesterday was over the top. Kids that normally are hard to engage in Sunday school - were engaged yesterday. We had our series wrap up party and being that it was swords, shields, knights, princesses and chariots - it was totally fun. Kim, one of our ministry leaders thought it would be good to end the day with a pie jousting contest. Lets just say I hit both times with a dead eye face shot. Kim did get me good the first time around - as my head hit her pie and hand and stars were seen and the pie swiped my ear and I couldn't hear anything for like 15 minutes as I tried to get the whipped cream out of me year :) - Hey the kids are worth it .... and it was fun. Even the adults were loving yesterday!
That is the type of energy our kids need and deserve. I just love being in there and to think I may have missed all this if I continued to do my thing and not the thing God wanted me to do. What a blessing all this is. Teaching kids about Jesus, having fun, making smiles and a church atmosphere that the kids want to come back - is just priceless.
This morning on my way into work - I did not have my Ipod with me. I turned the radio off and had nothing going into work this morning. Silence ~ It for sure was weird. I did not like it at all to be truthful. When was the last time you had silence on your commute in the morning?

Anyways - I am looking forward to getting home this evening. I will be cutting the grass for the first time this season. Its a long grass cutting season here in the south. One that I am not in shape for and it will take a few weeks to get used to. I have been slack on my gardening and flowers and all these past few years. The drought here in NC is not helping that any. It may be time to get back to the basics and get my green thumb going again. Vegi's will always be my thing but now it may be time to color things up some. Springtime ... my mom loved the spring. I am looking forward to grandma's greenhouse trip already this year...I will be bringing Kyle with me this year so he can experience this. Its something I look forward to as well as my granny Bateman and my aunts. Mom I miss your breakfast on my greenhouse day!!!!

Love to all -
Lonnie

No comments: